Shouk cafe date

by - 11:30 PM

Hello guys, I enjoy blogging, I really do. However, as mentioned previously I just end up feeling so tired and lazy by the end of the day I tell myself that I'll blog the day after. It's not a chore really and sometimes it is nice to know that occasionally that what I write may be of interest to another. I've been busy with hospital placement lately but over the course of these weeks I've discovered that either 1) I'm just really lazy OR 2) my practical skills are just not on par with everyone else. Although it makes me feel a little frustrated at times, I guess its the little things (as cliche as that sounds) that make me feel like I'm making progress. 

On top of placement, I've also had a few assignments and thus my days would be placement and then my afternoons would consist of assignment dates with pk at the library. I admit I've been a bit scatterbrained this time round, I hope its not becoming a habit. Hopefully next year I'll be a bit more on track. On a nice note though, I came back from a tiring day to find this waiting for me: 

My dad decided casually to go buy me a new camera whilst he was in Taiwan. Maybe because I kept taking his whenever I go on outings haha. Well I do like taking photos. Dad claims it is made just for me because it has one of those flipping screens for taking selfies. As if I had time to do that on a daily basis. 

I also got a late birthday package from elaine :3 delivered all the way from Gatton. A few interesting choices, loving the randomness of the socks hahaha! I've realised that I have much trouble buying things, especially make up. This is ironic because I want to look nice and polished like other girls I see yet cannot bring myself to buy something I am not 100% will suit me. Half my make up stuff seems to be from other people. 

Friday afternoons have weekly dinner dates with my uni friends. We eat gigantic meals and the proceed to have dessert. In fact one week we horrified victoria's boyfriend because went for two rounds of dessert after dinner. First at meet fresh then at Coco's jungle. 
Finally got the experience the feeling of getting driven around by friends who have their P's. Tam and Justin had the chance to show off their prowess regarding this aspect. One day I shall also get my P plates. We went to Seoul Bistro three weeks ago for dinner and I got the cutest matcha latte ever. 
Last saturday I was finally able to meet up with my dear jenwen for a brunch date of sorts. We decided to go this nice little place called Flowers of the world cafe. We've been walking past so many times now and finally decided to go try it out. I really like the atmosphere. 
As the name suggests, half the store is decorated with really nice flowers. The cafe also operates as a flower shop. I am in love with their rose bouquets. 
I feel like I haven't caught up with so many people. It scares me how subtly one can just drift away from another without realising. But its okay because if anything, I've realised the people I definitely still want to remain close to. Actually, I think I've been a crap friend as of late, letting myself get caught up in life. 

Thank you jenwen for making the time to come out and hang even though you had study to do :3 Oh and uh, I made a half hearted attempt at dressing up for a halloween party my workmate invited me to. She decked out her entire yard with tombstones, fake coffins and the like. However as always, I managed to have an awkward encounter and I must ask myself why. 
Went for a solo retail therapy after placement one day because I was feeling a little less tired than usual. I actually felt like I spent so much but in reality it wasn't even that expensive. Did I mention that Pk dragged me over to MAC so I could look at lipsticks? Lipsticks for ME to look at because I was simply too pansy to approach previously for fear of being pressured into buying something. Still, I ended up walking away after a while even after finding a nice shade I liked ; I think I have a problem with buying nice things for myself. 

Vincent finished his exams on friday so finally met up and had brunch together. I really wanted to try out Shouk Cafe so we went on a journey to Paddington. It's too bad that they just changed the menu last week because I had really wanted to try out one of their dishes that had fruit and panna cotta that I saw on urban spoon. 
Vincent got Eggs benedict and I got the Latke Stack (Polish potato pancake stack with bacon, crème fraîche, dill and pickled red onions). The food was actually so nice and I really liked the atmosphere because it was well lit and it was high up so we could see out the window for a nice view. 
Somehow managed to kill five hours whilst waiting for our 6:20pm movie. I feel sorry for vincent because I dragged him around the stores trying to find various things yet couldn't convince myself to by them in the end because there weren't exactly what I was after and I couldn't justify the price. Okay cool story I know. All this random stuff has just come splurging out because I feel as though time is slipping away so quickly and I want to remember so much of what happens. 

This quote just about sums up what I feel: 

"You get a strange feeling when you're about to leave a place. Like you'll not only miss the people you love but you'll miss the person you are now at this time and place , because you'll never be this way ever again" 

I cannot hope to capture everything but I want to try. 

You May Also Like

0 comments