Kao liese Antique rose

by - 12:23 PM

Hi guys! On saturday, I finally mustered up the courage to dye my hair for the first time by myself (I had nothing to fear of course, but I was not to know that the colour change wouldn't even be noticeable). This was my previous hair (with the roots and all). Please excuse my baldness ): 

I bought the Kao liese Antique rose hairdye from ebay simply because I heard it would be easy to use- it is foam rather than the usual hairdye and you can just 'shampoo' in into your hair. 

 Some pretty cool looking stuff huh? The instructions were as follows:
1) Unscrew the lid of bottle 2 and pour the contents of bottle 1 inside and then replace the white lid. 
2) Turn the mixture in bottle two upside down and back up (so by 180 degrees) approximately 5 times to incorporate the two liquids together. Be careful not to shake it vigorously as it will make the consistency dodgy. 
3) Part your hair in two halves, left and right side, pop on the gloves provided. 
4) Keeping the bottle upright, squeeze the centre of the bottle until the foam comes out onto your gloved hand. 
5) start lathering your hair, beginning from the top of your head and moving gradually downwards to the roots. During this time, the 'foam' lather on your hair will start to disappear, keep re-applying until all of the mixture is in your hair (well, my hair is long so I had to use the whole bottle). 
6) Gather your hair up as you would when shampooing, do not put a cap over your hair. Leave the dye to set in from approximately 30 minutes. The colour will not alter even if you leave it in for longer.  


7) Wash out colour with water then shampoo as per usual. After you are done, apply the rinse-off treatment supplied in the package as you would a conditioner. Wash up, dry your hair and DONE! 

Actually, the process was much messier than I anticipated, I had dye all over my face, arms and neck simply because I was so clumsy and inexperienced. I did follow a tip and put moisturiser around my face before I begun so that the dye I got on my face would wash off more easily. 

To be honest, I was a little disappointed because the colour didn't come up as obvious as I would have liked. Nobody could tell I even dyed my hair at all - which is a bit of a waste considering I was killing my hair with chemicals for this. It still feels smooth at the moment but mum says it will start getting more dry and brittle in the next couple of weeks. 
 At least my re-growth isn't as obvious now. The parts of my hair that were brown now have a slightly reddish tinge to it. 

 The colour is only properly visible in the sun. Oh well, at least this colour seems to suit the eyebrow palette I bought a couple of days ago. Yes, you can tell my eyebrows are fake in the above pictures :P Anyway, just taking a break from anatomy study! 

Back to work now :) 




You May Also Like

0 comments