First Group interview

by - 11:07 PM

Good evening everyone, hope you're all doing well :3 
I'm still on holidays, I can barely believe it because I feel as though I'm so busy every day and its not even because I have work or anything (well I do hope I have work soon, fingers crossed hehe). I've been out almost everyday since I got back from sydney/melbourne. Today I had my Daiso interview!!

I was actually so nervous since it was a group interview and I had no idea what to expect. It also took me a while to decide whether what I was wearing was smart casual which was the dress code for the interview. Actually, I spent the majority of my morning being nervous even though I had planned to sleep. 

When I arrived at the venue (christie conference centre) I was really shocked by how posh the surroundings were. There were many levels and each had 8 elevators, how ridiculous. On top of that they were playing soft classy music, the walls were pale white and tastefully chosen. There were also plush armchairs with rich-looking people sitting in them enjoying some fancy brunch and waitresses/cleaners walking around. I felt overall intimidated. To make things worse, when I arrived at the room I was supposed to have the interview, I realised that I was the youngest person there. Everyone else coming for the interview looked like they had been in university for a few years already/ already had a family. 

When we stepped in, there were four or so tables stocked with jugs of water, drinking glasses and lollies. It was intimidating after a few more minutes though, since I quickly learnt the hiring managers were very very outgoing and chill. Would you believe that the first thing they got us to do was test if we could fold origami?? I wracked my brains for some awesome thing I could fold but came up with only this sad lotus flower thingy. One of the managers seemed to like it though, since she she wrote my name as 'penny the origami champion' on my interview paper haha. 

Next, they had us take as many M&M's we wanted and after we did that, they made us a number of fun facts about ourselves based on the number of M&M's we took. Very interesting. Everyone was super outgoing and social though, I really had to try hard to step out of that typical asian mold. The next challenge was to go to this shelf at the back of the room (which was stocked with Daiso products) and work with people sitting at the same table as you to 'shop' for a imaginary customer (whom we could make up). Overall, it was actually quite a fun interview, much more relaxed than I thought it would be. 

There was only a final individual interview at the end which barely lasted three minutes. I really hope I get in, despite the huge number of talented people who came today. Fingers crossed!!!!! I dearly want this job. 

Oh, and I received my first ever online order today :) my iphone case!! I got the mint coloured one. 


By the way, I just realised that this post is my 1000th post. Omg. I can't believe I've been blogging for so long (and that some of you have read 1000 entries haha). 

Well, that's all for today! I bid you all a good night :) 


You May Also Like

0 comments