Mini dinner dates

by - 8:32 PM

Hello guys! I'm just sitting at home today and enjoying me mid-semester holiday which happens to be one week later than everyone else's but thats okay, better late than never right? During exam period, I've just been kind of living my life at the library (haha okay who am i kidding, it was only one day, I falsely make myself sound studious). 

I've been doing some "retail therapy" lately for post and pre-exam stress: namely my new pair of shoes which I really like + some melamine sponges which I bought from work because apparently they work magic on stains. I tried the out the other day; using just water I managed to get some scuff marks and dirty spots off my converses which I always use for work. It did seem to be rather effective , the only downside being that the sponges get worn down pretty easily. 
 I haven't really tried cleaning it with anything else before, I'm just one of those people who are too lazy to regularly take nice care of my shoes. I've been spending my 'holidays' pretty much just out celebrating with my uni friends, working, tutoring and lazing about. Strangely a part of me feels like I should still be doing something productive. 
To celebrate the finishing of our exams for 2014, we went to this little cafe near the Royal albert hotel. I ordered baileys irish cream and it came in a large cup but in a disappointingly small amount, which is normal supposedly because it was only a shot. I have no idea about these things. 
I present to you, a somewhat blurry and unfocused picture which illustrates the fruits of my matchmaking skills. Can we all stop for one second and just go AWWWWWWW x100? 
 Well, a few of us were trying to pretend to be something we're not: classy and tank. 
Surprisingly we didn't party too late into the night, which is unlike us. I think we were all slightly tired from doing the exam but its okay, we celebrated a few days later after we went to do our CPR course. 
After ordering a rump steak set, a couple of us tried taking turns to try a few pieces but apparently it was horribly chewy so I offered to cook some nice steak a few days later :3 We went crazy with food shopping of course! 
Only to be followed up by round two at Madtongsan II: 
We played some Wii and the loser had to take vodka shots (mainly because i still had half a bottle of Vodka remaining from when Justin brought it over at the start of the year HAHAHA, i really needed to get rid of it). 
 Just because lipstick makes everything better. 
 A few of us went for an epic karaoke session to get rid of some stress ahahaha. We were singing/rapping and yelling so hard into the microphone our voices were hoarse afterwards. Justin seems to always been the one witnessing us losing our "reserved" sides (ahem). 
Round 3!! Twas such a good night. I think it's been a while since I've felt so carefree and happy, it was good to remind myself that I have to stay grounded. I went to work the next day and tutored afterwards, yes i know ; the things I do for money ;) I've realised I need to stay busy though, or I always just start eating for no reason or just doing something extremely unproductive. Highlight of the day was meeting up with tam for a mini dinner date! 
annnnnd went to Wagaya with Vincent before catching a movie in the city - Dracula untold


Fun fact: I've always been interested in vampires (way before twilight ever came out), but man, this film was dark and somewhat creepy hahaha. But yes, I'll just stop trying to critique or give a rating because honestly, I don't know the difference between good and average movies since the ones I always seem to like don't have the highest ratings and all. Okay, cool story penny. 
:3 

You May Also Like

0 comments