Byron bay adventure

by - 1:30 AM

Hello guys! Sorry I've been kind of absent lately - because I've pretty much gone overseas and the few days prior to that I was trying to throw together everything in preparation. Last minute just like always hahaha. Anyhow, I thought I'd take a break from blogging about melbourne and blog about something a little more recent - my one day trip to byron bay with vincent :3 

I think vincent doesn't trust me to drive because he insisted on driving the whole way down without pleading fatigue which is very unlike him ahaha. Anyhow I attempted to keep the drive interesting by attempting my first ever vlog but it was terrible - so terrible vincent started laughing at me -_-. 
It took us so long to find this little spot because it was located down a quiet little path near the beach but after much trouble and some awkward conversations, we finally figured how to get in to our little beach studio. It was our first ever Airbnb experience :) 
Since it was only for one night, we decided to splurge a little on ourselves. It was kinda like therapeutic from our exams ya know. Nevertheless, the highlight of the apartment was pretty much the amazing bathroom. 
Complimentary bath bombs from host, she offered candles as well to light the outside bathtub and for other uses. 
The amazing outdoor bathtub - we could see stars!! 
There was literally everything we could ever need - even a Jamie oliver's cookbook. Me and vincent spent like half an hour flipping through it to decide whether or not to cook dinner until we realised his recipes required way too many fancy ingredients :P The kitchen had everything so we figured why not cook. 
The outdoor relaxing area which we didn't really spend time chilling at. 

The location was pretty good - about five minutes from central shops and a ten minute walk from the main beach :3 
So we ended up just walking to woolies to buy some food for prepping dinner but of course, before that we had some lunch at a nearby japanese restaurant. 
Our $15 lunch set!! 
Then we hit the beach!! :D we did a bit of boogey boarding. 
We thought it'd be cheaper buying our own ingredients...but we ended up with like $40 worth of groceries. So many ingredients were on sale in packets of two so... we ended up with way too many.

We were so dumb we spent like 40 minutes figuring out how to fix the stove - I think the host probably judged us really hard because we couldn't figure out how to find the studio, how to get in without having to call her. Oh and I got times mixed up, telling her we'd get there around 10 and forgot about daylight savings in New south wales. Yep I'm studying for a university degree.

I messaged our Airbnb host asking for help regarding the stove, only to figure it out fifteen minutes later and I then texted her to let her know. She replied with a thumbs up - me and vincent wanted to cover ourselves in shame HAHAHA. 
After much struggle :D this was the result. Caprese salad with garlic red wine pasta sauce, basil and beef meatballs + Ribena because we're not classy enough to appreciate wine.
Dug out some candles from a little drawer and attempted to have a candlelit dinner :3 I showed my mum this photo and she thought there were four people at the studio including me yet commented saying "wow you four must've not been able to finish it"........ awkward because vincent and I finished it all by ourselves with only a little remaining. This wasn't even all the pasta. 

There was a portable plasma TV screen with NETFLIX OMFG. We started watching harry potter before getting super sleepy. Eyebags galore I know. We crawled up the next day at like 5:00am to try get to the byron bay lighthouse for the sunrise. Except... IT NEVER CAME OUT. Goddam you Australia weather. 
Took a few photos to try make the most of our effort before crawling back to our studio for some much needed sleep. 
This was a vegan buckwheat crepe or something I ordered since vincent and I wanted to try some local cafes around the area - we ended up at this place called naked treaties for breakfast. 
We visited again a few hours later so we could do the lighthouse trek, it was more than 3km but we made it! 
The lighthouse looked much better later on in the morning since the sun decided to come out - I even saw people hang gliding and wanted to go so badly except the only thing stopping me was I wouldn't know how to get back to the lighthouse once I landed. 

So beautiful. 

We went to look at a metalwork jewellery workshop of sorts, bought some souvenirs and shared a giant pizza with garlic bread before heading home. It was one night but felt amazing to finally be on proper holidays :3 


You May Also Like

0 comments