Medrad Mad hatters ball 2016

by - 12:53 AM

Hey guys! 
I thought now would be an extremely great time to actually start catching up on a couple of events which have gone by since I last blogged (nevermind the fact that I pretty much have a years worth or more to do but anyway, one step at a time). It'd be nice to blog about current affairs for once but lets just uh.. go back to October shall we? 

Seeing as this is our final year of university, my group of friends and I finally managed to all turn up at the medrad ball as it was the last ever one we'd be able to go to as students. I tried desperately to go for a badass look but couldn't find a suitable dress so much to my own surprise I ended up settling for a dress which pretty much looked hot pink. It kind of changes colour in different lighting but anyway. Melrose avenue is now my go to store for evening dresses. 

$70 dress from Melrose Avenue 

It was pretty sad though, since nobody in our grade actually came and we were with people who were a few years below us since most people went last year. Things were complicated, since our year was separated into two groups (one doing the third year course and one the fourth year course). But.. I'm sure nobody cares, the main point is, we were severely outnumbered by juniors with strong livers. 


We were told there were two "photobooths" which turned out to be backgrounds where we could pose in front of and have our photos taken by the two photographers there but anyway, it was obvious most of the budget went to drinks packages seeing as we had a pretty generous bartab where we could even order spirits and everything. Whilst every other course has balls which dedicate things to the aesthetics, our committee has decided the tradition is making sure everyone has adequate access to alcohol and afterparties. 

We got ready and took a few photos at my place before heading over to the actual ball. We actually planned on taking a lot of photos but got so hungry we ended up substituting that plan for eating maccas delivery. We tried to get a satisfactory group photo in the foyer of my apartment but failed so we resorted to other measures..
 But we can do yoga..

The loves of my life: vin+pole

We did manage to catch the last rays of sunlight for a couple of photos in the end though, just casually in my apartment BBQ pool area just cause we're cool like that. 
It was still relatively bright, like our future. HAHAHA. 


It was so funny because Joon had to keep teaching everybody how to pose. Justin and Pk looked so good standing together but it took us like a solid 15 minutes to get justin to put his arm around Pk's waist in a friendly fashion rather than looking horrified. Guess she was too much of a hot mama for him ;) 








We found our little tam at the ball venue, we somehow ended up kind of matching despite not knowing what each other's dresses looked like. Reppin' state high colours here! Teehee we are adorable. Thanks tran for the 10/10 photography. 




It was so good because we shamelessy ubered like 500m down the road to the venue which was at Victoria Golf complex. The theme was alice in Wonderland but I don't think anyone really tried to fit theme because I mean .... we had to try look good right? 

Flower girls 4.0 


Venue was mediocre but food was great! YAS YAS YAS. Super soft beef. 



Vin 

I'm not much of a drinker usually, but for the first time in my life I think I got tipsy since I decided to milk all my moneys worth by trying all the cocktails I have managed to miss throughout my university life. 


I have no idea what I was doing with the cap of a mushroom ornament here but I seemed pretty happy about it. Everything seemed a blur of fun - I remember everything I think I was just 10x more social and outgoing than I usually was. 

Um.... I tried? No in real honesty I think I was trying to be a cute tipsy flower. 

We managed to get back to my house before heading out to karaoke. Ended up being a fabulous night. Although tam and Justin claimed to have work on the next day (7am for Tam), against their protests we managed to persuade them to party hard with us and sleep over... ended up being 4am by the time we got home. I don't recall ever getting home so late but OMG you guys the real MVPs. Tam had to get up like two hours later to get ready for work.... 

Medical imaging crew on point! I am honestly so glad that we all got to go to the last ball together, such a memorable night :3 I think a part of me, will always long for these kind of days together. I cannot believe soon we will no longer be students. 


That's all for tonight ! x 


Penny 

You May Also Like

0 comments