Fairy Pools of Noosa heads

by - 9:04 PM

Hey guys :) So last tuesday I was lucky and got a day off since it was ANZAC holidays so a couple of friends (Pk, Tam & Justin)  and I made an impromptu trip to the sunshine coast for a day out. The goal was to visit the so called instaworthy fairy rockpools in Noosa national park. We didn't go with much planned, parking was a bit of a nightmare when we got there but the trek was quite worth it. I got to say, I think the sunshine coast is becoming a lot more enjoyable in my eyes compared to the Gold Coast. 

So for those who don't know, the fairy pools are the two natural tidal pools which are located on the ocean side of the rock outcrop near granite bay which is part of the coastal walk along noosa national park. They're supposedly a "local secret" but since you have to climb down the rockface to access it, I suppose it would too dangerous to be officially open to public. Nevertheless, there was a heap of people down there anyway. I assumed they were also there for the potential instagram worthy shots. It seems to be a place to visit. 
We walked like a total of 6+km (including return) because we parked so far away near Hastings street. The trek was along the coastline so we could see the ocean as we went. There was actually a sign saying "Danger do not enter" but we spotted a couple of people slip through the signs so we opted to do the same. There is technically an official carpark at the entrance to the path but that was pretty much all full by the time we arrived so we opted to park at the very end of hastings street near noosa main beach. 

To be frank, the fairy pools definitely look better on instagram (duh), it was funny hearing the cries of dismay when people realised it "looked different in real life". Nevertheless, I think it really depends on coming at the right time - would suggest sunrise or sunset if you want the pools to look somewhat magical. 
 The model life is tough. 


You pass a couple of other landmarks along the trek and since it was a part of Noosa national park there were alot of other tracks going inland or elsewhere. We passed a couple stops ; Boiling point, Tea tree bay, Dolphin point & Granite bay before finally stumbling upon the fairy pools. Something to look out for would be a wooden bench located along the path. Coincidentally we only stopped there to rest before realising the actual pools itself were located right below, accessible by climbing down the rocks. 

 The weather was absolutely wonderful so we decided to take a quick dip in the pool with some photos of course. Gotta make the most of the trek right?
Yes... I climbed all those rocks barefoot just to get some aesthetic photos HAHA. Kudos to Justin for his fabulous iphone 7+ camera.
"You have to get the yacht in it!!"


We got changed into togs in public somehow... and I stole tams bikini top cause I thought it was cute :D Such a therapeutic day to be out - even though it was only a day trip but it feels nice to be out in the nature. I dunno if it is a getting old thing but I seem to appreciate outdoor activities and "appreciating scenery" alot more now HAHA. 

 

"FLEX, SUCK IN. TENSE GIRL TENSE"

There are two fairy pools but most of the pictures were taken in the shallow one since the other was pretty popular. 


 

You wanted my take on the typical instagram shot in the fairy pools? Well there you go. (I was meant to be floating in the middle of the pool but hey its harder than it looks). I think it depicts my life struggles perfectly though. 


Wind + Salty water = good hair . Why can't I make nice loose curls like this? 

This was my most successful picture with the deep fairy pool. Like I said, the pool looks much better near sunset and of course good weather is a must :) 

 


Scenery on the walk back


I cannot believe all these photos are taken with an iphone.. definitely waiting till the portrait mode camera comes out on the smaller sized iphone ! 

Dinner was burgers filled with beef patties and fried mushroom cheese patties since we didn't get proper lunch. The drive home however, was where most of the interesting things came to light :P But hey lets keep that between just my friends and I eh? 

x

You May Also Like

0 comments