Butter popcorn Macarons

by - 10:29 PM

Sup Y'all :) 
Once again I still find my days packed with events yet I don't feel like I'm on holidays for some reason, probably because I have so many obligations i.e. work. I went to watch Catching fire last sunday and boy, I am IMPRESSED. One of the best book to movie adaptations I've ever seen, they even included a lot of the symbolic parts! 

On monday a couple of us met up at southbank and Kaido drove us all the way to dreamworld since we bought our year passes a while back and decided we should put it to use. Luckily the weather was decent and it didn't rain or anything. 

 It was unbelievably hot though so we ended up hiding under some giant umbrella to eat our packed lunches (even though bringing food into dreamworld is technically not allowed ahem). 
 There weren't too many people so we got to go twice on rides we usually have to line up gazillion years for. I even made myself go on the giant drop twice because it feels so exhilarating. Actually I'm damn scared of heights and every time I'm on the ride I curse myself because I think that if the machine breaks somehow, I will have died for such a stupid reason. Anyway, I'm evidently still alive so yeah. 


We were craving frozen coke the whole day so Kaido drove us all to hungry jacks on the way home and I remembered why I've always judged hungry jacks so much. I happily anticipated my nice frozen coke and what I got made my so sad, it was literally a big cup filled mostly with coke froth, a bit of ice and melted coke at the bottom. Tim ordered nuggets which looked like they had been soaked in oil (they were bright yellow) and Kaido's milkshake tasted like they only put flavouring inside. Yes, it was that concentrated. Maybe it was just that store, not too sure. Elaine says I'm just unlucky hahaha.  

We had a 'rest' at elaine's house for a while on the way home because Kaido was really tired and we ended up staying for dinner. 

Anyway, on another note…. I decided to make some macarons after three months of having not baked anything. Thank god they didn't fail. I still need to get better at piping though. These babies are for my dear Alice's birthday ;) my lovely chinese school friend who loves food. 

Laters! I have a sad life, work from 9:00-5:30pm tomorrow. 

P.s I've saved a little over $4000 now!! Yipee!! Looks like I might make my goal of saving $5000 after all (if I decide not to go back to Taiwan over the summer holidays). 

You May Also Like

0 comments