Lone Pine koala sanctuary

by - 10:40 PM


Hello everyone! I had a day off work today so I decided to meet up with Aya for the first time in three months and she wanted to go see some animals before she went back to Japan so we ended up going to Lone pine koala sanctuary! 

I'm surprised we made it there and back without any complications but yeah, the day turned out more fun than I thought it would :) Actually, one bad (stupid more like) thing did happen. I was withdrawing some cash and stupidly after the machine ejected my card, I took it and walked off without my cash. I amaze myself with my smartness sometimes. In all honesty, it was pretty depressing haha, since I DID just potentially donate cash which I earned with my life to a potential weird stranger. 

Anyway, moving on from that I did feel better after I arrived. The animals there were so cute and I realised I might've been there before back when I was still a kid. 

 I am hedwig

The cages and enclosures weren't dirty or smelly at all to my surprise. Hehe isn't this owl just super adorable? 
 The awesome white dingo (there were brown/orangey looking ones too but yeah, too mainstream ;) ) 
 I don't even know what this kind of bird is but it was just sitting right outside this building looking really bored. It didn't even run away when I went up real close to it with my camera. We went to see this bird prey show thing and I think there were trainers who were showing the audience that these eagles obeyed their instructions (flying back and forth and landing on their arms). We were a bit far away though so we couldn't be bothered. There was a animal barn nearby though so we popped in to have a look. 
 SO DAMN ADORABLE RIGHT??? there were baby chickens too. Oh damn… I just realised I ate chicken tonight, now I feel kind of guilty. We went to see some of the kangaroos next but we couldn't be bothered buying food so we faked having food instead and tried to get the kangaroos to come closer. 
I was standing in front of it and it kept moving its head to the side to look at something behind me 

I even tried to get a selfie with it but just like in Japan (where the doe ignored me), this kangaroo looked at me exasperatedly and hopped away slowly. I think it thought I was a retard or something, crouching down low and holding something in front of its face. 


Aya really wanted to see some wombats too and at first we couldn't find them but then this one popped at and we got the biggest fright of our life because it was way larger than we thought (there was even a sign saying : CAUTION may bite). We disregarded it until we saw how big the Wombat actually was. I always thought it would be the size of a rabbit or something. 


We brought our own food since the entrance fee was $24 already for students. Aya made us a bento with karaage which she claimed to have made by adding powder to chicken and microwaving it. Apparently there its 'shortcut karaage' ? Surprisingly tasted pretty good too. I brought some home made lemonade for us to share. 

Of course, the day wouldn't have been complete without going to see the koalas. Don't be fooled by the pictures below, half the time they weren't actually moving around. Just sleeping , eating and more sleeping. 
 The fastest I saw them move was when new tree leaves got placed inside the enclosure and they actually crawled pretty fast to get to their food source. 

Pretty fun day, well at least I felt I kind of did something different for a change. I remember I used to do these kind of activities back when I was younger and until today I had kind of forgotten it was actually relatively enjoyable. It was also my last time seeing Aya since she is going back to Japan in a few days ): 

You May Also Like

0 comments