Hanabi

by - 1:48 PM


Hello guys, long time no talk! I'm finally back from the road trip (with a few dozen mosquito bites as trophies). I am so glad to be back in my own bed. 

Anyway, I figured I might as well upload some photos from the trip, it wasn't all that exciting but I guess the most 'interesting' thing I did was watch fireworks on New Years Eve with my cousin and brother at Sydney Harbour but more on that later. 

Our first stop was Grafton and we stayed for two nights. Even after so many years of camping and road trips, our favourite camping venue is still there at The Gateway Village in Grafton. Of the whole trip though, that was the only day we actually used our tents. My brother and I kept trying to persuade our parents to stay in cabins/ motels. We got our wish, albeit they were all very dodge except this one we stayed at in Sydney for one night. 

Actually, we were just disorganised and couldn't find lodging in Sydney till late because we arrived on the 30th of December which is right before new years so my dad had no choice but to bring us to the only place that had vacancy: Royal Pacific Hotel. One of the few highlights of the trip. 



The next morning we spent the day walking around Darling harbour and going to various places to eat. It seems like such a lame thing to do whilst travelling but my brother, cousin and I went to watch two movies when we were in Sydney: Anchorman 2 & Frozen. I really loved Frozen, the art is amazing. Apart from that we also spent our time eating our way through Sydney. 

 I am so pansy with trying new things and ended up getting eggs benedict with smoked salmon and spinach like usual. This was at Nick's (restaurant along darling harbour) but I was sad because the egg yolk didn't even ooze when I cut it open, it was fully cooked. Anyway, not like any of you care but ya know. Sorry I just write whatever comes to mind…. not that it's a good thing. 

We were walking along george street and discovered a matcha dessert themed cafe so we stopped to have some lunch there. 



Of course we did order dessert too, but we decided to stay on the safe side and just get ice cream. I saw a lion dance performance too :3 This kid in the lion costume climbed up this pole all by himself just to lift a banner that said 'happy new year'. 

Since we were in Sydney and all, we decided to go see the New years eve fireworks while we were at it. Originally we were going to meet in Sydney harbour at 7pm but there was so many people we decided to go early at 5pm and to our dismay there was barely any places to sit. 
 

Whilst we were huddling there miserably waiting for the midnight fireworks, I got out some glowsticks and was offering one to a kid in front of me except the stick kind of snapped and then spurted glow-in-the-dark substance all over their parents. So. Embarrassing. To make it worse, the kid kept asking 

'Daddy, why are you glowing?'

Sighs. Thank god the fireworks started soon after that. 

It was so hard to get nice pictures because there were gazillion people in front and behind me pushing each other. Oh and of course due to my limited height :') 
I missed all the best ones and was so busy trying to take photos and only saw most of the fireworks through my camera screen…. I'm such an idiot.
It felt so good counting down with everyone, one day I shall come back to watch it again with my friends. 
The aftermath however was…. wild. It took us almost half an hour to get through the crowds and there were people dancing crazily with their shirts of and randoms came up to us and told us to scream into their video camera :P 
 

So that was my new years :3 Hoping I'll do something of worth this year.

P.s I have finally started driving practice!! I've got 3 hours on my own and 2hrs with a trainer today (which means six hours WOOT). He made me go on the highway and try merging etc. on my first day. Thank god nobody died. 



You May Also Like

0 comments