Summer at Bribie Island

by - 1:21 PM

Hello everyone :) I finally went somewhere yesterday after so many days of sitting at home. Originally my friends and I planned a beach day last saturday but some people had things on so we ended up going yesterday. Instead of gold coast though, we headed off to Bribie Island with Richie and his four wheel drive. The trip actually made me realise how little I know, e.g. how you have to let air out of your tyres to go on the sand. 


The weather was kind of random yesterday to be honest, it was like rainy to start with and then towards the end of our trip it was warm and sunny, at least we avoided most of the rainy parts of the day when we were driving across the beach. 

Finally stopped for lunch and set up a sad place to eat with sand blowing into our food. Then we decided to upgrade ;) ;) 

A much happier scene yes? Haha just kidding. A big thanks to Richie for buying some drinks and bringing along the mats/ tarp and tables. We probably would've ended up eating in the car if he hadn't come so prepared. 
Found (partitally) crumbled war bunker and despite a sign telling us not to go within 5 metres of the structure, a few people decidedly went inside and climbed to the very top. WITHOUT STAIRS. The rest of us ( okay just the asians) watched on in a mixture of amazement and cautiousness. 

We went on to play some 'beach volleyball' and I really must say that hitting the ball hurts like crazy, I don't get how people say it doesn't hurt at all. We were exploring around near the lagoons as well and to our disgust there was this naked mould ridden barbie amidst the murky waters.   

such a cute looking couple

After the sun came out we got a little carried away with our 'superpowers'…………...
You notice the inherent gracefulness of Tim and Richie's pose and then there is me looking like I'm about to face plant into the sand. 
Its okay, we buried Tim into the sand afterwards and sat on him. 
RIP tim. 
I don't know why but we started playing all these random games in the sand and found a couple of long as branches to our amusement.  

Meet my friend elaine and… my friend the sandman (my tribute to Olaf from the movie Frozen) who is made out of sand a half a spoon that I found lying near the water. 

Loved the weather but I got sunburnt so badly. 
We found a little area up in the sand dunes which was nice and shady so we chilled there for a while with our coca cola. 
 A look at our bald selves. Aha, the next photo is deceivingly organised and planned out except it wasn't. The only person who was actually looking at the camera was elaine and the rest of us were just staring off some place into the distance. Gotta love Richie's unintentional bikini model pose ;) 
Credits to Richie and elaine for most of the photos above :) 

To finish, a lovely picture of the little sand dune area I was talking about. Such a relaxing summer day at the beach. 

You May Also Like

0 comments