Brisbane food adventures in between exams

by - 11:44 AM

I've just finished by statistics exam and just sitting here alone at home wondering what I should be doing with my life since I unusually have a free day ahead of me. I can feel so exhausted and sick of being busy, yet once I have nothing in my schedule, I'm left moping around feeling like I have no purpose in life. I am such a strange person. Well, figured I might as well write up a blog post while I am at it. What have I been up to? Well you can guess... eating: 
I've been alternating between extremely fatty food and relatively healthy food. I met up with jenwen the other day at The three monkeys just for a little chat. We actually sat there for so long, it feels like even though we sometimes meet up for more than just a few hours, we can occupy the whole entire time with just talking. 
I came home and for some reason was feeling really really hungry, so I went ahead and made myself an early dinner :3 Relatively healthy is it not? Well, may as well warn you guys, if you're reading, the next few pictures below are food pictures sooooo, I do apologise in advance. What to blog about if not food? My mum was nice enough to supervise me whilst I was practicing driving the other day - we drove all the way to the gold coast and back. It was actually pretty exhausting, but the extra two hours in my logbook are worth it. 
We were meant to have high tea some place, but didn't plan in advance so we had no idea where to go; that and we were running short on time so we headed to the closest place we saw: Hog's breath cafe. It was my first time there and I was quite excited but I think the food was just average, nothing special? Well, it tasted nice-ish I suppose, as cafe food should. 
Thank you tam for the belated present. The girl wrapped a pair of shorts in three layers: crepe paper, gift box and wrapping paper. Yes, very fancy very fancy :3 Much love much love. 
I went to the Chocolate Pavilion with Vincent that day as well. I haven't really tried many desserts from there since I'm not really a chocolate person but ended up getting some tea. I like the atmosphere though, its quite pretty inside and there isn't TOO much people :3 
 I feel like I'm really just craving time with my friends and others, there seems to be so much to catch up on - in terms of what is going on in each others lives. We CAN allocate out some time, but I guess I'm just not a big fan of change. I dislike that every time I'm not able to see someone for a while, I discover we've progressed further into separate lives. I'm always unsure if I should be happy with the way things have evolved and developed, because at the same time, the past is getting further away. What a strange thought indeed. Anyway, enough with that thought. 
The other day, it was Joon's 20th birthday so we dragged him to the city after our class and we went for karaoke, lunch was Japanese cheesecake. Following with a tradition we started last year, we stuck candles into his hair again. 
The rest of the day consisted of pool, dinner and a movie. Intense spending spree indeed. We should have been studying for our statistics exam but ya know ; social life calls HAHAHA. I think we're actually so lucky our course isn't too demanding in terms of academic commitment. Up until two days before the exam, I still ended up spending some time with much needed company. I went to have lunch with Jennifer and vincent wen last friday at The burrow
 Always end up feeling super super full after having the burger there but its okay, I made up for the unhealthy lunch by having a dinner consisting of almonds, wasabi peas and green tea. That sounds so hardcore. In reality... I was just feeling slightly queasy from having so much oily food. 
Some happy days mixed with some mundane days, I wish I could spend the rest of my life just hanging out and having fun. I suppose if everyday was exciting, I wouldn't enjoy or treasure it nearly half as much but anyway. I've been putting to use the teapot I got from daniel and yee sum as a birthday present :3 
Am really loving the tea Janice got me. Looking at this tea set makes my life feel complete HAHAHA. Boy, I think life has been driving me insane lately, in a partially good way. Even the way I'm blogging seems to sound weird. Bear in mind all this was during study period. Oh, and thank you for coming out to study with me the other day :3 
The surprisingly (overpriced) tasty chicken and walnut salad I had at the state library cafe. Twas worth it in the end. I'm starting to realise that if I actually concentrated hard studying for a shorter amount of time - it is much better as opposed to be half distracted and spending a much longer time. Yesterday I finished my exam - it went okay I suppose, my friends were actually studious enough to suggest we attend a lecture after our exam. Except, we went all the way to the QUT gardens point campus to go to class and like five minutes away, our resolve crumbled and we went to pig out instead. I love this spontaneity. 
 Vincent and I went to Harajuku Gyoza for lunch in celebration of me finishing my exam. The menu was a tad on the pricey side, I'll be honest but happy now that I've tried it out since I've always been curious. 
Finished the day off with a relaxing afternoon at new farm park.. and then some dinner. We were fat enough to order two servings of Xiao long bao, one plate of pan fried pork buns, a plate of fried rice and a glass of soybean milk from New Shanghai. 

You May Also Like

0 comments