Melbourne Travel Journal - Day 4.0, 5.0 & 6.0

by - 12:06 AM

Hello guys! It's been a while again but I've decided to sort of just collate the last few days of Melbourne into one post since we took it pretty easy on those days. My life lately has just been a mixture of eating, sleeping, reading, working and going out. I've yet to start working out, which is kind of disappointing considering I was so motivated last year. But I do believe once clinical placement starts, I will start dropping some weight due to all that moving around. On top of that, I'm rostered to work on both saturdays and sundays for the coming three weeks meaning I'm pretty much working seven days a week. Oh well, moving on... 
 Day four, we started our day off at the Hardware Society for brunch. The line was much longer compared with that of manchester press I must say. So many people were getting takeaway coffees. We were pretty peckish ourselves so we ordered some drinks while we waited to be seated. 
Actually, on the way to Hardware societe we walked through this street filled with cafes and there was this creepy waiter who kept trying to make us go into the restaurant, saying it was pretty much as good as the place we were going and that he could secretly give us free coffees. It was actually really strange to witness his abrupt change in expression when we refused.

 I
 didn't actually know the cuisine was french but I would probably say it was both very delicious and extremely filling at the same time.  I ordered myself a Chai latte
 ... complete with a Croque madame, which turned out very different from what I imagined HAHA. It was kind of like toast with some fillings inside. 
 Afterwards we just sort of did some shopping along some streets. A large majority of our time was actually at the Emporium, I was kind of hoping to create my own magnum ice-cream at one of the stalls that used to be there but I couldn't find it. 
 Please name me the couple photographer of the year. I am still proud of my matchmaking skills. 


Evidently we brought our trademark x-ray signs into a photo almost every day. I hope people who took our photo don't think we're retarded at posing or something. 

 
For dinner, Justin and I decided to take everyone to Ding Tai fung (Famous Taiwanese restaurant). Of course, we ordered their signature Xiao long bao buns which were absolutely delicious. The line was crazy long but we got handed buzzers to alert us when we could be seated. In the meantime Tam found Iron man. 

The next day we went to try out one of the escape room activities at Trapt. It was my first time playing but it was pretty fun. There were a range of rooms to choose from but we chose the Dracula themed one. 

We finished the puzzles and escaped the room just before time was up - with barely any prompts. I guess we will always be last minute people. 

Day 6
This day was our last full day in Melbourne so we tried to get in as many touristy spots as possible since we had been mostly shopping the previous few days with a few activities sprinkled here and there. 
We paid a visit to Hosier lane - the street famous for graffiti! 
 
The weather looked like it was going to rain but we did our best and just took gajillion photos with the wall to commemorate our visit there. 
 Our X-ray sign makes an appearance yet again. Justin was too ashamed to pose like that with us hahaha. 
Okay just a few more shots here and there, we tried making it as picturesque as possible but you know, one can only do one's best. 

We found ourselves underground for a hunt for good coffee. Personally I can't really tell the difference, as long as its not those vending machine ones but ya know. Needless to say we were very energetic afterwards. 

We were posing on this wombat when a man and a girl walked past before asking if they could snap a few photos of us with the wombat too. Turns out apparently the wombat was carved by their grandfather- such a good coincidence. At least they didn't view it as us disrespecting the carving. 

Later we made our way across the bridge to see what we could find

.... and justin defiled the National gallery of Victoria HAHAHAHA. 

Compared with GOMA (gallery of modern art) in Brisbane, this one was so much more superior and worth the visit I think. The exhibitions ranged from art to historical items (a huge range) and many other things. 
Modelling was involved.

We walked all the way to see the Anzac war memorial except we just stopped at the entrance, decided we couldn't be bothered and walked all the way back to China town for some early dinner - which ended up being Spicy hot pot. It was "buffet" except they didn't tell us they'd run out of all other meats except beef and lamb until we started ordering -_- so dodgy. 

We ended the night at the same asian dessert place :) The next day was our last day so we were mainly just buying some last minute gifts to bring back. It was a little bit sad to leave Melbourne but it was our first time travelling together as a group and it was so so incredibly fun and memorable. 

And thus, this wraps up my first proper travel Journal for Melbourne! I've had a five day work week so I'm off for some much needed winding down time :) Goodnight! 

You May Also Like

0 comments