2018

by - 11:28 PM



So, it seems like I am continuing with this pattern of sporadic blog posts with long periods of inactivity in between. Anyhow, it is now 2018 - a new year so what better a time to make an reappearance? Well not that anyone is probably still following this blog enough to check for updates but lets say I am blogging for me. People tell me that writing has always been my forte - but I've been so caught up with life now that I feel almost rusty at putting my thoughts into written form nowadays. Excuse any grammar mistakes I might have, I'm currently on a evening shift at work so my brain might not be at its prime. 

I just feel.... that it has been a long time since I revisited old hobbies. Perhaps if I wrote more and expressed more of my feelings it can remind me to be grateful for the little things in life. This year, I want to find happiness in myself, to really try to live in the present and appreciate every moment. I always have a tendency to look back on the past or to compare my life with other people's highlight reels. I have been on a couple trips here and there during 2017 anyway, so might as well write up some blog posts so I can look back on the occasion (+ shamelessly spam all the photos I took without annoying people like it would if I had done so on instagram). 



Ending the last day of 2017 with some old friends

I don't have much to say about 2017 except that I felt .... lost. It felt like I started on a high and as things settled in with full-time work I just didn't really know what to do with myself anymore. The mundane tasks in life preoccupied me and what other spare time I had I was always going out with friends or vincent. Anyhow, I hope that this year I can take a more active part in doing all I want to do - or perhaps just finding more opportunities to really challenge myself. Anyhow, so if I keep up with this maybe I'll eventually get around to writing up posts about my japan trip and maybe the melbourne trip I took mid-year.  

The times seem to have changed from when people used to have blogs and commented on other people's content. I have to admit that I use instagram and facebook a lot more compared with older platforms like these but still, I don't want to feel too caught up in the pictures and aesthetic side of things to the point that I cannot express myself through other ways. It feels like people are always watching and judging now so writing freely seems a bit more difficult or vulnerable in a way. Oh well, we'll just see how things go shall we? New year new start? 


You May Also Like

0 comments