Grateful

by - 12:20 AM

This is totally out of the blue but this morning I was getting on a bus at around 6:40am and I unknowingly dropped my phone on the ground. Thank goodness a few people quickly called out to let me know. It made my suddenly realise that I am so so so grateful for the kindness, honesty and trust that my fellow Australians display. 

It's so easy to take things for granted and to not pay any attention but in the past few weeks I've received kindness, advice and teaching from strangers as well as people around me. I feel a bit silly complaining about my trivial life all the time when I should be looking at things in a positive light. 

I live in a place where people will tell you if you drop something, where people will return your mobile phone if they find it and where people will tell you if you give them too much change. It doesn't sound like much but its one of the beautiful things that I have started to see in the world that I live in. I don't want to grow up being distrusting and overly realistic even if my parents always live like that. 

I'm too easily swayed or made uncertain by people's opinions and never take the time to properly learn things for myself. I don't want to work just to earn money, I don't want to help people just so they will help me back or to make friendships so that I will have 'connections' that will help my future. Call me naive if you will, but I think adding one more world weary and cynical person to the world isn't a great thing anyway. 

You May Also Like

0 comments