Rugged up

by - 10:18 PM

Sometimes, I wish I could be somebody's number one too; their ideal and first choice. 


Hello guys! It's getting quite chilly here in Brisbane - no doubt you've all noticed, so I've been spending the past couple of days looking like a fluffy sheep with my thick socks, long PJ's and fluffy white rabbit jumper. I look ridiculous, but for the first time, I'm actually fully warm during 'winter' (cough, autumn). 

To prevent myself from being drawn into the monotony of uni life, I've tried hanging out with as many people as I can. Kind of. The other day, I held a BBQ at my house with my uni friends and some of Jen's friends too. 
My parents are out of the country at the moment so this time I prepared the things without their help. Thank goodness I had tam and stuff to help my carry groceries/ wash the vegetables. Now thinking back - I didn't really do all that much. HAHA. Free food from me, free labour from them. Tam decided to try 'hide' some easter eggs so we could celebrate a late easter but kwok ended up finding them all before the game even started and hid it in his bag.  

I tried doing some study the next day for one of my weekly practical quizzes coming up for uni. Can I just say, I seem to be getting extremely slack with lecture attendance (and catching up on them too). I literally know nothing, this is slightly worrying. Anyway, Jen called me up for a spontaneous dinner at Miels. Yum! 

The restaurant is actually a shipping container, can you believe it? We were being fattys and bought a meal along with a 'side platter' to share. 
 Whilst out, we also bumped into Kwok and Jackie. They ended up eating dessert with us at San Churros. I finally found a drink I actually find nice (usually, I kind of tolerate it but don't enjoy it all that much). Its called the Dulche de leche which is essentially a caramel drink. 

We kind of all just ended up getting hot drinks since it was so cold outside. 
 Kwok's caramel couverture, Jen's dark chocolate couverture, Jackie's milk chocolate couvature & my dulche de leche drink. 

Yeah, I've been living the fat life whilst my parents are gone. Usually I tend to lose weight but with my brother here, i feel obligated to cook semi decent meals for us soooooooo……. 
But I have been eating out for lunch though, usually after uni when everybody craves hot food. 
I ordered high waisted white scallop shorts from Asos the other day, it was my first time buying clothes online and to be honest, I was a little disappointed. Maybe it was my fault because I didn't notice the fact that the description said it was made of linen but yeah…. the material was not really good and was kind of transparent. 
 Oh, it was also too big around the waist. Damn my weird body proportions, I'm contemplating whether or not to go to the effort to return it and buy another pair of shorts. Or…. maybe I'll ask my mum if she can take the waist in for me/ add a extra piece of cloth for security. 

I ate a whole block of camembert cheese today, then proceeded to go eat at Gelatissimo with cindy since I had some discount vouchers. 
 
 Haven't caught up with her in ages!! Makes me kind of miss our high school days, along with Dr. Badran (who is still, in my opinion the best chemistry teacher ever). 
I am trying to make myself feel better by downloading all the lectures I've missed….I need to get a move on. If only I were a studious graceful person with poise and class. Oh well. Good night to you all! Off to get some literature therapy,  (yes I made that word up) - namely reading. 

You May Also Like

0 comments