A food affair

by - 10:39 PM

Hello guys! I finished my last exam last friday thank goodness - I was so over studying by the way I was halfway through. This time round, I had like 6 exams as opposed to the 4 that normal university students have. I was kind of hating on the act that QUT starts examinations one week earlier than UQ students but oh well. I am immensely enjoying the holidays whilst some of my friends have just started their assessments. 

I've had little to no life for the past month or so, it sounds as if I studied really really hard but it wasn't actually like that. I wasted quite a bit of time too but yeah, its alright, I will try really hard not to have to cram next semester. 
Mum brought back some roses she got from woolies because it was on sale, they let me put it in my room cause I was spending half my life in there anyway. Apart from that, I've been dividing half my time at home and at the library to study. 
Of course, exam period wouldn't be complete without some celebration with food. I gotta love my friends. 

I was studying in the kelvin grove library when some girls walked past and offered me a lollipop and earphones, I was so skeptical at first - kept thinking they were going to ask me to sign up to something, but turns out it was just a random act of kindness. Thankyou :) 


After our last exam, my uni friends & I, along with Vincent & Jackie went to watch How to train your dragon 2. It is such a cute movie, cannot get over how cute the dragon is. Afterwards we ended up skipping dinner and going straight to dessert hahaha! We ended up at Cowch, a alcohol/dessert bar in southbank. 

Tam got Sticky date pudding with bailey shot, Victoria &Pk shared peanut butter icecream with whisky I believe. We also bought one cocktail to share (since it was literally like $19 for one little glass). Not like we are big fans of alcohol anyway. 
Somehow the dessert wasn't enough to hype us up so we ended up going karaoke for the second time in two weeks hahaha! The next day I went out to have Wagaya with Vincent :3 He ordered salmon wasabi roulette (so one sushi out of 6 was filled with heaps of Wasabi), but it was funny because he got  that one on first pick, so plan backfired. 
I really do love my Aburi salmon sushi. 
I've kinda been spending the start of my holidays watching movies with friends; on Monday i went to watch Edge of Tomorrow with Jenwen. I quite like the movie, the badass characters with their humour. Went to fatten up at Hakataya as well. I cannot believe we managed to get a spot - it is usually packed full of people there. Today I went out with Janice to watch 22 Jump St. 
 Well, of course we stopped by for lunch and then drinks for a dessert of sorts. 
As you can see, we stopped by at Bonsai Botanika for Japanese green tea latte. I really love the interior design but the menu really is a bit limited for my liking. 
  
Janice dressing up in Lolita clothing! 

Yup, and I think that's about it so far - other than the fact that I've made a resolution to be a more helpful daughter around the house. As a little present to myself for finishing exams I also went out and bought a shirt, a pair of shorts and the last instalment of the Mortal instruments series - City of heavenly fire. To be honest I've kind of lost my initial enthusiasm for it, because I think the first three books were better. Oh well, lets hope this 'last book' is as good as its predecessors. 

 I rarely buy books anymore but I figured since I have the rest of the books, I might as well complete my collection :) 

You May Also Like

0 comments