Homemade korean BBQ

by - 11:35 PM

Hi guys! Uni has just started today and I am already missing the holidays - no joke. Here come assessments, tutoring, work and everything else going in life. Feeling a little overwhelmed already, probably because I was too sick to make it to my second lecture this morning so feeling a little obligated to do some catch up work since I've made a pact with vincent to work harder in uni this semester. Anyway, I thought I might update a little on what I was up to during my last few days of holidays. 
 Well, lets just say I've been literally eating my way through Brisbane, mainly for brunch. Okay make that all three meals really. Went to The burrow for brunch with Vincent the other day, I am always amused by the menu since it has food which makes references to Harry potter. 
Lemon & Lime bitter// Homemade iced tea with mint. 
Slim Jack rabbit burger with gnarly fries! I finished the entire plate off by myself like a boss. The other day I also went to Pablos cafe in New farm! I got smoked salmon with dill scrambled eggs and toast with … yeah okay I give up. Cannot remember the entire name unless I meticulously go through their online menu (if they have one). Oh well, the picture can do all the talking. 
I don't usually get sick, but this holidays I've managed to get sick twice already… but thank goodness it was before I went to the gold coast with some uni friends to visit Joon. He picked us up from the train station and drove us to his house where he prepared food for korean BBQ! 
It was soooo good, food coma right there. I am in love with the pickles, seriously. 
I also tried Ox tongue for the first time, got over my fear… it was rather chewy. Thanks joon for preparing all that food for us! We were all a bit hyped up and happy that day. 
I'm kinda getting all my days mixed up, simply because my brain isn't working to well at the moment, but I pretty much just visited a different place each day of the week and ate there. 
Spontaneously invited some friends over to my house last friday for lunch. Well, the thing is, it ended up being a girls day and when everyone arrived, one of us were like "hmm I feel like kimchi hot pot" and then I was just like "OMG I HAVE KIMCHI"…. so we had kimchi hotpot awwww yeah. 
Our attempt at making korean food, looks decent does it not? We finished making the food at around 2pm but then none of us felt like eating yet so we left the hot pot to simmer away for a little bit. 
…. and proceeded to turn my table into a makeover zone. Girls will be girls
Tam was meant to be teaching me how to tightline but then it turned into a 'give penny a makeover' thing, it took about two hours because they were experimenting what kind of winged eyeliner to give me. This is much too difficult. 
Lo and behold, after make up! Am I still recognisable? Brother came home, took one look at me and was like 'LOL'. Friend refused to take photo with me except victoria because I had make up on and they didn't, what even. 
I plan to try out my newbie make up skills on them next time. Hail tam the make up master, who taught me how to tightline my eyes. The next day elaine & Sunny called me out to chill since they were in south bank for creative generation music performance so I hung out a little bit with them, along with kaido whom they also called out. Kaido & I got bored waiting for them so we walked from southbank to the city to kill time. Let me leave you with a photo I took from Goodwill bridge:  


You May Also Like

0 comments