Campos Coffee in Fortitude valley

by - 11:53 PM

Hello readers! I'm in the midst of a very severe food coma at the moment after enjoying too many slices of pizza with some high school friends so I thought since I'm not motivated enough to budge from my position, I'll do some blogging! 

The other day I had a brunch date with Tam at Campos Coffee located in the Fortitude valley. It was our first time there but we got there relatively easy - just take the 199 and it was within a short walking distance. I actually found the interior quite interesting and we had to head down an alleyway to find the entrance. 
There weren't too many people there yet so it felt really peaceful and secluded in a good way. The waitress was really nice and offered to take a few photos for Tam and I, right before I dropped my knife onto the floor. Very class of me indeed. 
I ordered an iced latte + a dish with poached eggs, chorizo and beans whilst Tam got a pancetta and fig pizza I believe. 
I'm not a professional coffee drinker, in fact I sort of have a internal struggle between ordering it because I like it or because it makes me feel classy (and because I need it that day for caffeine) LOL. Much like Vincent, I prefer mocha instead but anyhow. 
Tam found the coffee to her liking and the pizza was surprisingly tasty despite the unusual mix of toppings. Hahaha we actually stopped for proper photos that day despite being crazily hungry. Note that this wasn't the only meal of the day. 
We were so full afterwards but decided to walk around fortitude valley casually and on the way we popped into a random thrift store. It was my first time thrift store shopping actually and a lot of the items were in a lot better condition that I expected. 
Ended up with a few purchases : two dress which came to a total of $36 which is really good considering they were previously from Topshop and Bardot respectively. After browsing, we eventually somehow found our way to Kings of kings - a chinese restaurant where Tam introduced me to mango pancakes, a dessert which she was horrified to find I hadn't tasted before. 
So. Much. Cream. Omg food baby. We shopped around in the city after that doing really random things but eventually got really thirsty so.............. 
Watermelon Bingo for the first time!! It was actually godly - considering we were so parched from all the food before. We were so fascinated with the fact that thing bingo was legitimately made out of half a watermelon! Had fun taking a few photos but a few minutes in ... 

We realised the struggle to finish it all would be very very real; I think we did a very good job though, considering it was just the two of us. Oh well, it was 3/4 fruit anyway, so relatively healthy HAHAHAHAHA. 

Anyhow, more posts to come later :3 gonna head off for some down time since I have work tomorrow. Good night to you all! 


You May Also Like

0 comments