One year anniversary

by - 10:52 PM

Hello guys :3 I'm back as promised! I will attempt to re-cap the interest events of the past few months ~ so I am beginning with my one year anniversary with vinlin. It feels weird for me to be blogging about this but perhaps it's because I've abstained from sharing about my life so long - in a way privacy does feel nice sometimes if only to make things more special to myself. Anyhow, after much debate, we finally decided to head to the gold coast to celebrate. 

Prior to that, I actually dropped a bit of weight for the first time in ages because I was on placement and trying to simultaneously to be artistic...

 I suppose that was a good thing but yep, definitely one of the few scrapbooks I've ever made in my life. The last one I remember making was for elaine for her birthday, which was a couple years ago HAHAHA. Feel loved elaine. Well anyway, for brunch I looked up one that seemed to have lots of positive reviews and so I called up on the morning to make a reservation at Elk expresso
 It was quite busy but we walked in expecting it to be fully packed, but managed to snag a table in a nice corner :3 The food was very nicely presented and the things they offered were more unique compared to brisbane cafes I think, and for a decent price as well. 
Vincent ordered the above, but I really can't remember the name of it HAHAHA, since I spent most of my time just trying to take aesthetic photos of the dishes. 

You can evidently tell how much I love food from the photo below where I'm smiling at my the food photos on my phone. No joke. I'm surprised I don't look retarded - since I usually look stoned or something when someone tries to take a photo of me when I'm unaware. 
 I ordered braised beef cheek with roast winter vegetables, and damn it was sooooooo nice. I have a soft spot for braised meat *U* like dayum... and not to mention the weather was a little on the chilly side too, so this proved a very hearty meal. Vincent and I were cutting random pieces of our food up to swap so we could taste both when we noticed the couple next to us just swapped their plates with each other halfway through, which seemed a much classier idea :P 
Coincidently, the cafe was right next to broadbeach I think it was, so we just walked to the beach after the meal to hang around for a little bit. The weather was so nice, but crazily windy so we pretty much just sat in the sand for half a day chilling. 
  Not before we took some selfies in the car and exchanged gifts though :P 

Embracing our inner (and outer) asianess to the max. 
 We trying to get someone to take a photo for us and I suggested asking an old couple who were walking towards us. Vincent was like "nah, they're old, probably don't know how to work a camera", in before he ate his own words when the lady walked up to us and offered before we had the chance to ask properly :p and she was very thorough too - was telling us to stand under different lighting etc HAHAHA. 

Now that I think back, I don't actually know what we did for majority of the day - I think we sort of just sat on the beach and then went to stroll around in the park which was right next to the beach as well. We were kind of just killing time before we headed off to QT bazaar for a dinner buffet. Food evidently plays a huge role in our relationship here. 
We did have a bit of fun playing with the Dubsmash app at Pacific fair... but that will remain unshared for the sake of preserving my dignity LOL. If you must know, it involved staying in the toys section at big W and lip syncing to weird videos. 
The people totally screwed up my reservation ): but we got admitted anyway, thank god. I was still kind of full from the beef cheeks to be honest, but vincent ate like fifty oysters or something while I watched on in amazement.  It's a pity I don't like seafood. 
 It was pretty funny because we noticed the couple next to us started off as if they were on a casual first date and by the end of the night, they were getting a bit touchy - not to mention the girl was in a skin tight dress AT A BUFFET. I would have died hahahahahahah. It was kind of funny to me at the time. 
We blew so much money that day.... because of the buffet. It was a long drive home so we grabbed some coffee at maccas to chill a bit before we parted ways. Perhaps as we get more "mature" we can enjoy the simple things in life. It was a really enjoyable day ~ thank you for driving me :3 and for the past year. 

You May Also Like

0 comments