Snapshots of July

by - 12:00 AM

Hello guys! About one hour ago, I was ready to fall asleep at the table whilst watching Tam sip her Chai latte but for some reason I'm a bit more invigorated now and have chosen to blog. I am pretty sure half these events aren't really in order but hey? What can I do? I'm lazy. It seems like maybe by the time I catch up with the present, it will be many many posts later. 

Time has been a bit of a blur to be honest, it felt like I'd just sit back after placement every day and suddenly BAM two-three months have whizzed by.  Makes me a little concerned that I haven't managed to do half the things I had wanted to do. How very cliche I know. I have a feeling in a few years time I'll look upon these days with much nostalgia. 


I wasn't doing very much outside of clinical placement except for occasional dinner dates with a few favourite people :3 I haven't watched a movie in so long.... HAHA. My uni friends and I have graduated from having two meals for dinner to THREE. 

I used to be content with only a savoury dish but after hanging out with Tam, all of us have gotten used to having some dessert afterwards. 
...and somehow nowadays we find ourselves having three rounds - so one dinner, and two dessert rounds or drinks or whatever we feel like. I think it has something to do with our meeting place often being at market square and all. 
 Elaine also drove myself and her to harbour town for some shopping!! I got some Nike sports gear on sale, telling myself I'd re-start exercise. Unfortunately that still has not happened and I've reverted back into a lazy blob. We had a impromptu high school gathering that night before we headed back to elaine's house to chill. 

I have no idea what we were doing, but we turned some simple Wii games into something worth laughing to death over. Sometimes it feels so nice just to catch up with people you spent your teenage years with :3 It feels like... some things have remained the same. That sense of spontaneity and naivety which I will always treasure is something I often feel when I see them. We shared a large chunk of our life together I suppose. 

Anyhow, during this month I finally also finished by 11 week clinical placement and as thanks to the staff at the hospital, I decided to bake some desserts. I got vincent to come over to "help" me except he ended up squeezing out such deformed blobs of macaron mixture that I had to give them 'plastic surgery'.... and then I snatched the piping bag back and did the rest myself XD 


Hey, I'm not being mean here, he showed his friend the one he squeezed and his friend was like, no offence but you gotta GTFO from the kitchen HAHAHAHAHAHAH. Or something along those lines. Made chocolate mint macarons, brownies and I attempted to create a chocolate plaque with a drawing of a Chest X-ray on it! Evidently, I'm not that great at drawing; but hey, a radiologist recognised it after a few seconds of puzzlement. 

I met up with Cindy also, and brought her to Shouk Cafe and she hadn't been before. The food presentation as usual, was A+. I also dragged her dress shopping since she had a ball coming up. She refused at first but I think in the end ;) she succumbed and admitted the dress I picked out looked good on her muahaha. 
 I think it was the night before I left for a melbourne trip with friends that Vincent and I decided to go have a giant feast at Garden station. Good old taiwanese fooooooooooood. The pork belly was epically fatty but that is what comfort food is right? 
I won't blog about the melbourne trip and other stuff just yet :3 that will be in the upcoming posts since I think they deserve a entry of their own. I was invited to Georgina's 21st birthday after I came back to Brisbane and ended up dragging vincent there with me >< because I didn't know that many people there. 


I stole vikki's cocktail to take this photo HAHAHAHAHA. I didn't end up staying out too late because both of us had something on the next day. Vincent was actually telling me the Valley was dodgy and he wasn't too keen on going but I told him it'd be fine. Next minute, we're walking to the car when a random old man comes up and slaps vincent......... ON THE ASS. Then he proceeds to whoop in delight. Of course it would happen right after I told him the Valley wasn't too bad. I'M SO SORRY VINCENT T_______T OMFG HAHA. 

Ahem, Good night!! 

You May Also Like

0 comments