Cloudland

by - 8:18 PM

I'm back again! Yesterday my day was literally jam packed, I had work and then jap tutor and then straight after I went to meet up with anisha so we could hang out. We met up in the city, originally we were going to go 'clubbing' but decided since it was our first time we'll just go check out Cloudland Bar, it was kind of daunting. We had dinner first though at Vapiano's and anisha convinced me to order myself my first ever cocktail (and my first ever alcoholic drink away from my house). 
 It was actually kind of a rip off to be honest, could you believe that I watched them cut off a slice of grape fruit and mash it before tipping two tiny tiny cups of alcohol into the cup before it totalled to $15 dollars? The drink merely filled 1/3 of my cup and they filled the rest with a gigantic scoop of ice and what I presume to be a tiny bit of sprite. It tasted decent though, anisha said it tastes really good for a cocktail. Didn't really feel different though, no effects. 
 We shared a barbecue pizza but half our toppings were missing because it was such a busy night that day ): Kind of just missed seeing the light show for the Brisbane festival but we went to check out the decorations anyway. I found the churro shop that I visited with elaine, richie and our siblings two years ago. I was so tempted to buy a churro since it'd been literally two years since I last had one but the line was too long and we were to go cloudland. 
 The surroundings were so pretty, the only time brisbane ever actually has something nice on display haha. 
 
We went to cloudland afterwards for the first time ever, I kind of felt intimidated entering an 18+ place for the first time. It was so pretty though!! Originally gracie, nickie and anisha wanted to go clubbing but we settled for drinks instead since anisha and I weren't quite ready for it yet. I still think alcohol doesn't really taste that amazing to be honest haha, I just think cocktails are pretty, thats all. 


Whilst waiting for gracie and nickie to turn up, anisha wanted to get more drinks so we bought an apple cider each. Tasted kind of just like beer to me and I still felt completely normal. Guess I'm very tolerant to alcohol like my dad. I'd still prefer juice any day though, haha. Later on in the night, I had another creep magnet incident.... 

Anisha left a bit early so it was just gracie, nickie and I sitting at a table before we were approached by two guys who came from a bigger group all wearing dress shirts and formal trousers. One was asian and looked really creepy because he was the only one not wearing a dress shirt but a hawaiian style red shirt. They both came up and started talking to us/ asking us to dance. It was actually so damn creepy and gracie+nickie just sat their ignoring them and being chill whilst I freaked out secretly. I really need to learn to just ignore people though but I feel kind of bad :s they kept telling us they were co-partner/ownership of cloudland and they were just seeing how things were going. What a lie. 

Then they finally walked away thank god because we were being so unresponsive and my mum suddenly texted. They literally just walked away after telling seeing the text. A few minutes later though, one of the caucasian guys from before started waving at us and brought another friend over to our table before walking away. The guy was so creepy, he came over and started leaning on our table and saying hi to us before going 

'Just saying, you three are the hottest chinese girls I've ever seen together in my whole life. You guys look stunning' 

I decided to make it awkward and tell him that none of us were chinese except gracie. He left after that, telling us that 'I'll leave it at that, have a good night ladies'. HAHAHAHAHAHA. It was so creepy though. I blame it on gracie's backless shirt. 

Woke up this morning and dragged myself to chinese school... but its okay, my teacher is awesome. The school made us do some stupid test about chinese history though, which we know nothing about because its so random and all. They got a class filled with taiwanese people to answer questions about china more than 300 years ago, nice.  They even had the test in simplified chinese so the teachers were reading it out to us. So fail though because they were legitimately hinting at all the answers to all of us (we sat the test with a few other classes). It went pretty much like, 
'is the answer : A, b, or c ? A????

What in the world haha. 

Got a selfie with my awesome teacher!! 


Okay I'm off to watch movies now. I'm on holidays for the next three weeks. Wooooooooooo! 


You May Also Like

0 comments