SONO

by - 11:07 PM

Hey everyone :) I'm officially on holidays! Well only people in my course and myself since we have a three week break for clinical placements (everyone's allocated week is different though, hence the three week long break). I kind of started craving plain sponge/chiffon cake the other day so I decided to bake some. Didn't bother to grease the pan since I figured I'd be eating it anyway and nobody will see it's ugliness in real life haha. 
I also went to hang out with Coco :) my ex chinese school buddy/ student that I tutor. Despite the fact that I tell her every week I'm pretty useless as a tutor she still insists I'm doing a great job. We went to have mexican food because she was craving. On that day I witnessed a proper shopping spree for the first time in my life. The girl literally blew almost $200 in the short three hours we had of shopping. 
By the end of the day she was like: 

'PENNY, i thought you were buying a dress for your great gatsby ball. Come ON, I cannot believe I've bought an whole entire outfit and you've still got nothing' 

HAHAHA. It's so true though. She managed to get two shirts, one pair of shoes, four pairs of shorts. Okay actually more than one outfit. It's okay, whales don't go shopping much. My lame attempt at a joke you see, okay you're probably not laughing and wtf'ing me. I'm sorry. 

Moving on.... 
I worked a total of 16 hours and a half within the span of two days, please let the cha-ching keep rolling in. It is also my dad's birthday today and he called me in the middle of work casually to tell me to get him the new iphone 5s. My poor savings, $869 gone with one swipe. It's okay, he paid me back just then. In celebration, we went somewhere different for dinner for once. Headed to SONO japanese restaurant, the one located at Portside Wharf. 

Woops, my photography is evidently flawless. 
It was the first time we ever dined in such a high class place in Australia. Mum made a booking and they took us to a private japanese-styled room with Tatami and we had to take off our shoes. Waitresses came and laid clothes on our laps for us. 
Its so unfair, every person who meets sees me and my brother always tell him how much he's changed and he looks really handsome and when they seem me they're just like 'Oh, you still look the same as when you were young!!'. Sad life. 

We went crazy ordering the dishes expecting to be fully stuffed but the dishes were smaller than we anticipated. The Karaage was amazing though, one of the best I've had. It was super crunchy and really succulent on the inside. 
 Aburi salmon roll!! My love. I still like Wagaya's one better though. 
 Sushi combination large platter. 
We also ordered sashimi combination (small platter) along with tasmanian salmon belly À la carte . The presentation of the dish was pretty awesome. It had like dry ice underneath so it was steaming under the dish.  
We were trying out our camera in the middle of a pathway and a man walking past kindly offered to take a family photo for us. Yay for decent looking family portraits. 
 The end!


You May Also Like

0 comments