Great Gatsby ball

by - 12:39 AM

The year is 1922, the parties are to be bigger, the shows broader, the champagne towers higher, and the ban on alcohol has backfired. Making beer, wine and champagne free all night! It is time to celebrate the year just gone with a party to lure the young, talented and ambitious with a steady golden flow of drink and roar of party beats. 

On saturday the 19th I had the pleasure of attending the annual medical radiations ball :) The theme of course was the great gatsby. I've spent the last couple of weeks collecting bits and pieces of my outfit. Kind of got lazy near the end and just got my mum to do my make up on the day. Yes, to drawn in my fake eyebrows and all. 

 We had a mini pre at my house except it kind of failed because we girls got together a bit late and had yet to finish putting on our make up. The guys ended up coming a bit later since we weren't ready and by the time we took photos it was starting to get a tad dark. Oh well. 

The obligatory bathroom mirror shot before we all headed off to the ball!! I must say that Tam is a hair styling genius, seriously. Victoria came in on that day with her hair in a plain ponytail. Tam managed to do something intricate at the back and smooth out all the frizzles in victoria's hair (Vic said the hair dressers kind of killed when she was in China). 
The party has begun!! Free sushi and snacks at the start and some mingling with the 2nd and 3rd year medical imaging students. 


I find it pretty funny how we were all posing for the photo above yet Richie took one of us unawares when we were staring into Justin's camera and this one somehow turned out more artistic it's so natural. 
 Food!! We had a choice between Grain fed beef fillet with potato cake, balsamic thyme, mushrooms and red wine sauce 

or 

Herbed corn-fed chicken breast on mushroom risotto with asparagus and truffle vinaigrette 
 The third years were super crazy because it was their last medrad ball, the dance floor was filled with people jumping on each other/ falling over. Actually we saw our lecturers grinding with students and doing crazy dances for fun. 
It was such a good night :D tried to get my money's worth my drinking more wine but it tasted so bad I stopped and just kept ordering lemon and lime bitters instead. 

Guess I had to hang up  my party shoes eventually. Till next time ! 


p.s Credits to Richie and Justin for most of the photos !! 

You May Also Like

0 comments