Medical imaging clinical placement

by - 11:15 PM

I'm actually enjoying my clinical placements more than I thought I would. Actually, to be honest I was mostly freaking out before the clinical since I figured I'd probably be clueless about what was going on 90% of the time. Yeah, I tend to be a little slow reacting. Well, actually it's been pretty good so far, I'm slowly getting over my awkwardness. Just gotta pretend to be more confident and stop talking like I'm super hesitant (and not physically face-palming myself in front of the hospital staff whenever I say something stupid). Got to take a few X-rays and today I completed an x-ray of a wrist by myself (well the supervising radiographer checked the patient positioning and all before I took the image). So, got my competency sheet thing signed off. 
I actually think I will really enjoying being a radiographer when I graduate. Fingers crossed I'll be able to get my license and actually find a job. I actually feel bad for some patients and I guess I kind of started realising how lucking I am to be so healthy. I saw elaine's dad at the hospital today, he is a Radiographer there. He told elaine he was gonna pretend he didn't know me except he ruined it when he walked into the room this morning and patted me on the head twice, it wasn't too gentle either. I told him he killed my brain cells. 

We were imaging one patient who said they had a pain in their shoulder and we found out that his humeral (bone of the upper arm) head was fractured. Elaine's dad then proceeded to tell the patient. It went a little like this: 

Mr. Lin: You got a fracture this time. It's not actually very funny but for some reason its called a humerus. 
Patient: So what happens next? 
Mr. Lin: I don't know, I'm not the doctor. I'm just the X-man. 

Oh my god hahaha, it was actually pretty amusing, lame puns and all. Okay, back to curling up with my novel, I really need to fill out my clinical book soon though...I also need to try sleeping earlier. I have been waking up at 5:15am every morning for clinical placements this week. 

You May Also Like

0 comments