19th birthday surprise

by - 7:04 PM

Hello guys! The past few days have actually been super eventful for once, but then and again I find myself writing up something in a rush all the time (probably because I'm procrastinating other more important stuff). Anyway, last friday was actually my birthday and I was incredibly lucky to have been able to celebrate with so many of my dear friends :3 

I had japanese tutor in the morning, but I met up with vincent first and he kept telling me he was taking me to some place 'mysterious', to which I questioned his ability since I am usually way better at directions. HAHAHA. Anyhow moving on.... so basically my uni friends actually organised a surprise birthday party for me at southbank, I was so touched :') 

 
Actually the funny thing is, vincent couldn't find the place we were going so he had to pretend he was calling his mum. When the both of us arrived, there was nobody around except for red streamers and balloons which were decorating the surrounding trees. 
We got very carried away HAHAHAHA. Anyway, usually there is a obligatory photo of the birthday cake but I actually butchered it - no joke, when I was trying to cut it so..... lets spare you guys the gory picture. Anyhow, thank you to Tam, vincent, victoria, pk, justin & jackie for such a good day ! (and for eating lunch+ karaoking with me just because I felt like it). Later on after my uni friends went home, I went to eat dinner out with Jen & alan as well. 
Actually, its a long story but we had an agreement ages ago to go eat at Sono, so I made a reservation and man... the atmosphere was so classy. Food was a bit expensive :') but I admit very well cooked, not that I've had much experience with fine dining or anything. 
This was salmon marinated in miso and some other sauce I believe! 
I only ended up taking a picture of vincent's main dish, which was miso lamb I think. We kind of missed the bus when we were going to go home, so we ended up sitting like bogans on the cement floor for about half an hour waiting for the next one. 
Anyway, so just thought I'd warn you guys, more pictures of food coming, so probably don't read if you are hungry. Continuing on, the next day I went to play some 'basketball' with jennifer, vincent & paddington (Vincent W. ). We were meant to go play at UQ, but the courts were all taken and somehow we ended up playing in the state high basketball courts, which were for rental surprisingly. 

Note that I don't actually know how to play basketball properly... but it was pretty funny because the guys were going easy on jen & I by telling us we only needed to get the ball in the hoop twice to win. Next minute just as they were about to win, I get the ball and Jen tackles them to hold them back, I throw randomly and WOOOOOP!!!! SCORE. 
Of course, the day followed with some beautiful pasta which jennifer made, I really really love stewed beef, it is so damn good. Time to learn the art of cooking. Oh and.... I proceeded to pig out yet again for dinner because my family & I went out to celebrate my birthday. 
We ended up at this newly opened restaurant called Hanasushi in Sunnybank. The presentation of the food was sooooo good, another perk was that all the staff were Taiwanese :3 I'm always fascinated to hear them talk because apparently I don't have a Taiwanese accent myself ): 
Ordered salmon sushi, since sadly I dislike other types of seafood. We actually ordered so so so much food: two plates of sushi, tempura, seafood hot pot, three fishes, koroke dish, stir fried udon & chicken skewers.... 
It was a very amazing sight I tell you , but I'm so surprised we were able to eat that much. This was not even all the food we had, and this was after we already partially devoured portions of the dishes.  
Then I proceeded to end the night with some more food: taro cake!! In the process of building my food baby. 
 I feel like as I'm getting older, birthdays become less 'special' to me and I just feel an urge to spend it with people I am close to. Kind of just woke up with a very normal feeling actually. 
 Thank you to everyone who made effort to make me feel so warm - whether by celebrating with me, messaging me or just remembering in general :3 
Jennifer drew this amazing photo of Alan, vincent, herself & I which was supposed to be what we were going to wear at the optometry ball (which I shall write about in the next week or so). 

You May Also Like

0 comments