Tea and cakes

by - 12:46 AM


Hey guys, I am here because I just know I won't do anything productive for the rest of the night - so I might as well do something relatively enjoyable right? I haven't been reading any novels lately, but life has still been good enough that I am still coping well. Okay, that doesn't sound quite right, seems as though I'm implying that I have some mental trauma that can only be numbed by books. That is not the case at all, I'm just too lazy to change my wording. 

 To start with, just a few more pictures from the optometry eyeball. One of the photographers managed to capture a bunch of us in the midst of the macarena. I am loving the fact that I somehow look pretty tall (well okay, I did have like 10cm heels on, but that only makes my 167cm or something). 
 Apart from that, I've been enjoying quite a few dessert dates with my dear jenwen. We went to the tea centre to catch up the other day, it's been quite a while. I feel as though we're already commencing rich housewife life part 1 (where these rich ladies meet up and have tea together in moments where they are unusually free). Anyhow, I ordered Japanese 'Maccha' cheesecake whilst Jen ordered the Delightful Devonshire tea set for two. Well, a girl can never love her scones too much am I right? 
Jen was nice enough to share some of her Pai Mu Tan Lavender and rose tea with me :3 I liked how they put some dried rose petals with my cheesecake, I actually ate it with the cream. 

The other day I walked into work and was set the task of rearranging this gigantic bunch of flowers into colour-coded order. I am immensely proud of the job I did - please do ignore the random white flower peeking out of the red section, this WAS taken two hours after I finished rearranging after all. 
I come home from work to a very satisfying (if not the most healthy) dinner. I shall need to practice cooking steak soon, aim to become a pro so I can feed my friends nice food. Over the phone the other day, my parents casually told me they were under contract to buy one of the apartments in the building we are living in at the moment... it was pretty random. Well, lets just say, at least the view is killer! 
It's strange to think that time is passing by so quickly but last wednesday I finally got to catch up with Janice!! 
Thank you for agreeing to spend the last one hour at state library with me :') I had to tutor so we just stayed there and did what girls do best - take selfies. Janice also got me some amazing smelling tea from T2 as a birthday present - the name really fascinates me: Gorgeous Geisha. Perhaps when I have time, I shall bake some desserts and have a high tea of sorts with some friends. That is, if I can stop being entrapped in this cycle of laziness I am in currently. 
Jen has been inviting a couple of friends and I over to her house for tea for two weeks in a row already :3 Makes me have the urge to bake as well, it has been far far too long and I'm worried that one day I'll lose the skill to bake anything nice. She made some chiffon cupcakes with custard filling and strawberries! 
The guys looked horrified when they discovered jen had already consumed five of the cupcakes, but I mean come on ;) it's mostly just aerated. Doesn't even contain butter. It's all good, eat while you are still young. I had three or four myself. 
I've been a bit tired lately to be fully honest. I feel like between work, university, tutoring and getting tutored, I don't have much time to myself. Okay I do, but I feel as though I always constantly need to be some place and whilst being busy is good, I cannot help but be greedy and want time to myself instead. Whilst everyone seems to be making some sort of progress in aspects of their life, I'm just where I am now - stretched over a range of things but not making any good advancements. Anyhow, sad thoughts aside, I came home to this: 
A personal hand written letter from the one and only elaine lin :P All the way from Gatton. Friends make my life good and wonderful. Anyhow, I should probably get ready for bed, I've been sleeping at ridiculous times lately. 

Good night ! 

There exists a quiet desperation to excel in every aspect - despite the fact that acceptance has been bestowed; inadequacy is such a self inflicted emotion. 

You May Also Like

0 comments