2014 QUT optometry eyeball

by - 1:52 AM

Hey guys! I had the pleasure of attending the QUT optometry ball last tuesday and I'm actually so so glad I decided to crash again this year. It was actually pretty funny because a couple of us who went didn't even do optometry, namely Jennifer, alan, vincent W. & I. 
We decided to rent an apartment to stay at after the ball, since it was finishing pretty late. I think I have this weird obsession and love for apartments/hotels because my parents always refused to stay in one :P  We were so paranoid that we'd get caught sneaking up since the room was technically only for a maximum of 'two' adults. 
Haha, here is me 'barefaced' before coco came to give me a make up transformation :P I brought so much stuff to the apartment in order to get ready that the bathroom kind of looked like a bomb exploded in it after we were all done. A big big thanks to Coco for coming over to the apartment after finishing school and doing my make up. Kind of realised how absolutely inexperienced I am at doing proper make up. I now have a love for contouring, now I just need to learn how to do it myself. 
I am in love with staying over in apartments now hahaha, I felt like I was finally living life as a young person. Okay that sounds really weird but anyhow, moving on. The ball was actually held at Pullman & Mercure Brisbane King George Square hotel so we basically just walked there from the apartment. 
Woop woop woop! So classy ;) before our hair and make up all got messed up from dancing and walking around. I'm glad I brought my camera, could actually take more photos for my own this time. 
The theme was 'a night in paris' which strangely, if you google , is actually the name of Paris hilton's sex tape ... but ANYHOW. They decorated all the tables with candles & rose petals which were a rather nice touch - didn't know it had anything to do with france though. There were also these classic lamp posts placed here and there. 
It's a pity I'm not really a big fan of the taste of alcohol so I didn't make the most of my money but nevertheless, I did have a few sips of Vincent's drink which he got from redeeming the 'free spirits' coupons that we got given before we went in. 
HAHA, my friends decided to spice up my photos a little bit ... as you can see. The rose petals were totally not my idea, they kind of just sprinkled it on us when we were taking photos. Heaps of people were kind of trying to take a photo with the mini eiffel tower but I was too lazy. 
Managed to get a few good group photo shots in though, big thanks to richie for helping us take our photos! It was pretty funny because I didn't know he was the photographer for the ball until I saw him at his birthday party a few days prior. 
This was vincent's main, I got the chicken which wasn't nearly as nice but you know, sharing is caring HAHA. So I got to try some. 
Just like last year, they provided a photobooth for us, along with props and the photos printed out immediately. We had a bit too much fun: 
Yes guys, my dear jen wen is indeed still single ;) any takers? Just kidding, she is mine forever, too bad. 
My family!! 
As tribute to the optom ball, it was spectacles on! Well except for me because I totally forgot to get props. I shall polish up my epic expressions for next time. I wish my medical imaging ball had a photobooth - goes to show what a big difference having 'sponsors' for a ball makes. 
Actually quite a few people were dancing but we only went on for a few minutes before becoming tired because we're just unfit like that. The music was so so much better than last year though. They even had a mime this year, so we of course took obligatory shots! 
Whilst everyone was packed on the dance floor, us asians went outside to take some photos. It's lucky they still had the background all set up for pre-ball photos, so at least it doesn't look like we're posing in front of a blank wall. 
The rose petals were actually... the guys' fail attempt to chuck it at us whilst our photo was getting taken but ya know, added a rather nice ambience to the photo. Linda made us all stand in colour order, well at least kind of anyway. That gradient game is strong. 
With jenwen & kwokafly!! I actually met up with jen for a 'dress rehearsal' the day before haha, kind of worked out I guess since I think the photos turned out much better than last years. I think I've decided I want to attend all the optom balls from now on. 
Thank you to vincent for bringing me as his plus one :3 It was actually such a fun night, way way better than I expected. Probably because I knew more people this time. We partied hard until midnight and then headed back to the apartment to play more games/ chill out. I ended up going to bed at 5am and woke up for my 10am shift on the same day. Perks of being young I guess. 

You May Also Like

0 comments