Escaping the summer heat

by - 11:16 PM

Hello guys! I'm determined to catch up to the present by the time it hits 2015 ( so not long to go) but anyhow. I'm probably skipping a few things; mostly just little food adventures here and there but yeah, I'm sure you're all used to food posts by now. Things like this: 

Well technically I didn't eat any of this since I absolutely detest seafood (strange I know) but everyone else had it. Jackie, his friend, Vincent, Brian and I all went down to the gold coast about two weeks ago and stopped at a store near Seaworld for lunch. 


I've been trying to fill my days with activities to be honest, since staying at home tends to make me feel a little bit depressed. Talk about dependence on social interaction! Anyhow, my parents and brother were away in Sydney for a weekend so Vincent came over to help me make custard filling for my profiteroles. 

 Injection of happiness into the puffs. 
 Had a dinner of steak and sesame sauce salad before I took him upstairs to my new apartment (in the exact same building mind you) to show him around. I was so amazingly smart that I remembered to bring keys to the apartment upstairs but forgot ones to my current one. Thank goodness my dad left spare keys in the stairway somewhere. 
 
The view is quite nice upstairs so I brought up some of the profiteroles and golden gaytime so we could have a bit of a snack before he left :3 Yum yum. 

Brisbane weather has been pretty temperamental and no doubt you would've all noticed but anyhow, on a terribly warm day, a couple of friends and I decided to go iceskating together finally! 

I brought my new camera onto the ice and was very relieved that I managed to take a few shots without dropping it. Was actually trying to get a cute couple shot of Jackie and victoria but then came an unwanted intruder..... so Victoria got a little possessive. 
.... and success! 
 In revenge, Victoria and I decided to take a cute photo together too ;) I think we make the better couple here if I do say so myself. The photo game is real strong. 
There ice rink was actually quite packed with people despite the photos suggesting otherwise but I decided to man up and join a game of red rover. It was my first time joining in because previously I just found it too scary. Didn't do too bad actually; maybe out of sheer luck I was the second last person remaining on ice? 
We all kind of wilted a little bit after we stepped outside and spent a while deciding where to go. Then Pk spontaneously said Wagaya so we drove all the way to my house to park before taking the bus out to fortitude valley for lunch. 
I ordered a chicken nankin lunch bento set and it came with a very generous portion of meat and fried goods. It was so filling I didn't even have to eat dinner afterwards. Quite worth the price in my opinion but you definitely need some tea to wash down some of the richness of the food. 
 A friend of Jackie's came over from China so he persuaded some of us to by VIP passes to movie world, wet 'n' wild and seaworld. Vincent was driving his cousin and I so in the morning we stopped by woolies to buy some food supplies thinking that it would be much more worth it compared to the food inside Movie world. 
 However, our meagre salads and muffins were a poor comparison to the hot dogs that everyone else was consuming. It was so saddening we went directly to mcdonalds afterwards to have a bit of a snack in compensation. 
Don't be deceived by how calm and peaceful we look. Here is a photo of how we REALLY are on rides. Victoria and I are fearless ;) 
Annnnd with great flourish I end my post here. Good night ! 

You May Also Like

0 comments