Last days of summer, a visit from the extended family

by - 10:50 PM

Hey guys! I'm here to catch up on the last few days of February I have yet not blogged about. Uni has already started but why not reminisce the bygone summer days. A few weeks ago my uncle and his family arrived in Brisbane for the first time; I have no idea how my mum persuaded them it'd be worthwhile but yeah.
My brother and I were in charge of taking them around to the theme parks in the first two days because my parents couldn't get time off work; it was also one of the rare rare rare times we got to stay in a hotel (no doubt that was bribery on my parents part in order to get us to cooperate). 
 I think unless I planned ahead, I'd make such a bad tour guide in my own country- we cabbed it most of the time because it was too inconvenient having like 6 people take the bus to the theme parks especially because my uncle didn't have go cards. The joys of travelling in Queensland. 
 So awkward though, our cab driver gave us his card after he dropped us off and told us we could call him to pick us up when we were going to another theme park the next day. I just nodded but we ended up calling the cab company instead and to my embarrassment, the same cab driver rocked up to pick us up... 
 I searched up a random Thai place a few metres from our hotel and it was actually very nice. It was at this place called Thai eatery
My thai beef salad after a whole day of indulging on very unhealthy and overpriced food at the theme parks. 

I think I got a tad overexcited at the prospect of having a hotel room all to myself (except for my brother) HAHA. 
Of course, what better way to be classy than to drink milk tea out of a wine glass yeah? I showed my brother a few of the exercises I've been doing and after a few minutes of trying it out, he was gasping under his breath cursing about how hard it was HAHA. 
A day later I met up with elaine for brunch since uni was starting the week after for me. She took me a place in Salisbury called Apples on Ainsworth. It had sort of a vintage feel to it and you could customise your own juice! 
I got a nice dish I couldn't remember the name of but basically it had mushrooms, egg sunny side up, pesto, helium cheese, spinach and avocado! 
Originally I thought we weren't going to celebrate chinese new years eve but mum called halfway and told me to go home to prepare some vegetables for cooking. 
We also made like more than 200 dumplings... it's the first time my family has been so asian in ages! The perks of having uncles and aunties over :P 
Food galore! 
A few days after uni started I finally met up with Jenwen and Alan for some brunch at Shouk Cafe. I've been a few times already and not once has it disappointed. 

On friday tam invited pk and I over to her house to have some Pho, she also proceeded to paint my nails for me since mine looked terrible prior. 
She then drove us and a couple of her friends to Tet viet festival, it was my first time and I spent the majority of the time eating to my hearts content. 
They were selling a lot of meatballs, sugar cane juice and the like - it was sort of like a fair really since there were rides. 
To relive childhood, we went on bumper cars before watching other people play some of the street stall games. I was actually pretty tempted to join in but couldn't justify spending $5 trying to succeed in a game I would probably fail miserably at :P 

Big thank you to Tam for taking us :3 

You May Also Like

0 comments