Soul Bistro

by - 11:30 PM

Hello readers :3 I'm happy to say that I'm feeling much much better compared with yesterday- I actually woke up in a fantastic mood, ready to smash through the day. I had jap tutor today before I went to meet up with Vincent but first let me spam some food photos from previous adventures! 

 I went mainstream and went to try the famous Acai Bowl - I got mine from JJ's juice located in Myer centre. Mine had a bit of guava puree in it along with strawberries, chia seeds, coconut shreds, blueberries and bits of what I believe was muesli. Tasted sooo good, I can kind of see why people rave about it so; not to mention that it's a nice dessert alternative to curb sugar cravings. 

My breakfast has been on point for the last couple of weeks!! Except that one morning when I snuck in a weis mango ice cream :P One downside is that about 2/3 of my time to get ready in the mornings has been eliminated due to food preparation time but hey, what can i say? Breakfast is a vital part to one's day. 
Speaking of which, last week before I went Jap tutor vincent picked me up near his house and we went to have breakfast together at some random cafe I found using urban spoon! 
It was at this little place called Cafe in Tokyo located in Algester. I think the interior was really cute, I didn't get to try out any of their cakes since I'm more of a savoury person when it comes to having meals. 
 Not much of a professional coffee drinker but reviews said they have good coffee and the one I shared with vincent wasn't too bad :3 
 I ordered the Tokyo breakfast (vegetarian version), which was pretty decent except the poached eggs which for some reason were filled with water ): so was quite bland in taste. 
 Vincent drove me to jap tutor afterwards and following my lesson we went on our second food adventure of the day ~ lunch at Motto Motto japanese restaurant which is located in the New garden city!! 
 Being a lover of seared salmon of course I opted for the dish above. Vincent and I have this habit of somehow ordering the same dish HAAHAHA cause we like the same food :P Although I'm exercising I'm also eating so so so much food. Like I'm starting to feel hungry every three hours .___.||| 

 This tuesday we also met up for dinner, vincent picked me up from kelvin grove and we went to a nice little place called Soul Bistro located in Milton!! I searched it up yet again on Urban spoon because we wanted to try something a little different :3 
 It was a bit on the classier side so we just made up the excuse of celebrating the fact that Vincent recently got a job and went a little crazy on the ordering. We ordered a main course each and then shared two entrees with a dessert. 
The entrees were 1) Slow cooked belly pork w/ sweet potato mash, Pat Chun vinegar & cinnamon reduction  2) Melting Camembert, oven roasted with rosemary & thyme, swerved w/ warm tortilla chips
My main was a Garlic & pepper crusted 250g Sirloin steak w/ sweet potato chips, truffle Jus & grilled baby spinach. 

The food was actually really good and the portions were decent, it makes me feel cheated when dishes come out tiny to the point that I can finish it in two bites or something, even if it is fantastical in taste HAHA so in this case, food is quantity > quality to please me, even if only marginally. 

To finish off, we shared a Creme brûlée with berries and vanilla ice cream. I actually really liked the food here and there weren't too many people so it was relatively peaceful and the ambience was quite nice. We called it our "classy dinner celebration" hahahahaha. Since we were already going classy, why not just go big too? 

Now back to the present; after Jap tutor today vincent picked me up at his bus stop and we headed off to indooroopilly shopping centre to have some lunch/ buy some clothes. We were originally only going to have lunch but ;) yay, what a pleasant change in events. It was my first time there (that I can recall anyway). Sorry Tam/Pk / Yee sum for going without you guys, it was more of a spontaneous thing. I didn't actually get around to exploring the shopping centre though since the majority of our time was spent at: 
 Well, I think Vincent has found his new favourite store ;) it has relatively affordable nice looking guys clothing. The store is huuuuuuuge! 

Anyhow, after I got home I proceeded to whip up some dinner for the helpless males at home :P Also to use up some of the grocery which has been sitting in the fridge for a while. 

Japanese steamed rice, slow braised pork belly, stir fried lettuce with garlic & beef bone soup with tomato&onion! 

It was quite a productive day I suppose, I managed to make a small purchase and so did vincent. I spent a while trying to convince him that he must not stray away from Apple and purchase a HTC for his next phone :P Needless to say I was quite successful and he is now back on the path of light hehehe. 

Okay okay too much food this week~ I'm off to digest and sleep for now :3 

You May Also Like

0 comments