Temporary and precious

by - 9:27 PM

Sometimes in life, it is so hard to accept that everything, no matter how good, comes to an end - nothing is able to stay frozen and untouched by time. Things that matter, moments you want to remain in and memories you want to preserve may slip right out of your hands no matter how hard you try. 

As sentimental people, sometimes it is hard to accept change. You want to keep chasing, to keep trying to keep things the way they are but eventually the only path is to harden your heart and to move on. Of course, bigger and better things sometimes come along but still, I am reluctant to let go of the past even if it become destructive. 

I don't often have incentive to move forward, I spend much effort trying to recreate or to grasp again something that I feel was once important to me. However, at times I guess it is a necessity to let go and move forward for the sake of a future. Life is filled with struggle and growth, but I know that there exists happiness and fulfilment also as we proceed. 

Thank you for spending time with me today, I needed it more than I realised. Without knowing, you gave a sense of gratitude all of a sudden, for having friends like you. I feel more inspired now, to discover things for myself knowing that you are so willing to do the same. 

You May Also Like

0 comments