Shooting star

by - 11:12 PM

Though i have never been close to any of my relatives in Taiwan, it's really sad to see that both my grandma and my aunty have been diagnosed with cancer. Though i rarely go back to taiwan, from the few times i met them, i know that they are goodhearted selfless people who always put others ahead of themselves. My grandmother sleeps on the couch because my uncle's family share a house with her and it is too small for everyone to have a bed. She tells them that she likes sleeping on the couch because it's much cooler than the rooms. My Aunty gives us a few years worth of new years money from her hard-earned cash just to 'make up for all those years'. She goes out especially to buy our favourite fruits just so we can eat some everytime we come back to visit.


My Aunty is in critical condition at the moment, because of cancer and its one of the few times i have seen my father break down. It is rather scary seeing someone whom you thought was invincible cry like that but you know, it is his sister we're talking about. Though i'm not close enough to her to be affected in such a way i'm still worried for her. I really hope my Aunty&Grandma can get better. I haven't even had enough time to get to talk to them. What's worse still is my Aunty's condition is much worse off than my Grandma's. I won't elaborate how painful this might be for everyone in the family. How is it fair that such selfless people have been inflicted with cancer? My dad has told me all the things that they have done for him, as a child my Aunty went to the factories to work so my dad could afford to eat healthy food and study properly. I know i wouldn't be able to do that without a grudge.


My dad is going over to Taiwan in the next few days to visit her. If any of you are reading, please pray for them, thankyou. As it is a sombre post i have decided to exclude any informal language, i just felt the need to blog about this. Well, i'm going to bed now, so goodnight.

You May Also Like

0 comments