Tips for surviving grade 12

by - 12:58 PM

Hello children :) 
I don't really have a specific thing to blog about, guess I just really want to get back in the habit of writing more? I think my brain has kind of shut down, I barely remember what I'm doing each day and I don't keep track of the dates. I don't even want to put into use my maths or science knowledge when I need it. I still wake up from nightmares of me having a physics EEI and exam at the same time though. Guess this is what grade twelve does to you haha. Nah I'm just kidding, it's not that bad if you manage things well. Soooo a anon asked me how to cope with grade twelve the other day, I guess I could try give some pointers though I'm not really an expert since you know... OP3 hahaha. I'll include some from V too! 

Tips for surviving grade 12 
- ALWAYS ask questions if you don't understand, do that as soon as you encounter a problem 
-Keep asking questions until you have no more and you'll be ready for you exams :) 
-Make sure to listen in class, no matter useless or pointless you might think it is 
-Always review what you have learnt each day, do any homework allocated 
-If its hard to understand a teacher, try reading over some content from textbooks & taking notes before you class  
- PLEASE Start assignments as soon as you get them !! You'll have lots of time to fix it up and you won't have to cram. Believe me, that destroys you mentally and emotionally as well as physically.  

English: 
-Starting early is especially important for this subject 
-Do lots of research, try find some examples 
-GET STARTED. write a draft, no matter how bad you think it is at least you have something to go on from there. I used to spend too much time thinking what I should write. Don't do that, just start!!! 
-Keep fixing up your assignment, but not for too long each time. If you're blanking out, have a rest and come back later :)  
-Get your friends to read over your assignment and give feedback. 
-For speeches it's better if you memorise them as well as some hand gestures/changes in tone. If you're like me then you probably find public speaking quite hard so it's best you get familiar with what you're going to do. 

Maths: 
-Make sure you understand everything that is being taught, if not, ASK IMMEDIATELY. 
-Try to finish all the sheets you might receive, no matter how painful. PRACTICE IS THE KEY. 
-Cross out any questions you finish (you'll feel a sense of satisfaction) and circle ones you found hard or couldn't do. 
-PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE 
-Again with assignments, you should start it early and perhaps work on it with a friend if you find it hard. 

Physics& Chemistry: 
Yes, your teacher does matter when it comes to the sciences but do not fear, should you get someone who can't teach all that well there is still hope!! 
-Read over the unit you guys are going to be starting and try taking some notes first (whilst making sure you understand). That way even if you don't get what your teacher is raving about, you can probably still do some practice on your own. 
-Try do most of the sheets (this applies more for physics as doing ALL the chem sheets are usually a very very hard task, but still. Make your best effort). 
-DO NOT CRAM FOR EXAMS OR ASSIGNMENTS EVER! 
-If you're in state high, GO TO DR. BADRAN FOR CHEMISTRY QUESTIONS. Omg. He is amazing!! 

Language: 
Not much you can do here, just DO YOUR HOMEWORK. 
-memorise all the grammar, make sure to keep REVIEWING 
-Practice writing sentences and check with the teacher or some friends to see if your sentence structure/ grammar is accurate. 
-Just PRACTICE PRACTICE in general, if you do that, you should be fine :) 


Hope that kind of helped, if not, my bad :x Hahaha. Note this is just from my personal experience, it may be different for some people though. I think I repeated myself too much. Oh well, it was just a spontaneous decision for me to write this. Hopefully it wasn't filled with too many useless tips. Good luck to all school students!! ;) I'm still on holidayyyyyys. Weeeee! 

You May Also Like

0 comments