Starting university

by - 2:54 AM

In a few hours or so, I'll be starting my first day at uni. I can't believe it. I kind of spent a while just feeling sad my holidays are over - not because I can't relax anymore but more because of the fact that it marks the end of my life as a highschool student. Well that kind of ended back in November but starting uni has really just reinforced the fact in my mind. I'm already starting to feel as though I'm no longer a teenager, I can't naively doing things and just hope someone will be there to patch me up if things go wrong. I guess we'll all have to make a lot more effort to maintain our friendships, I hope I don't lose too many friends this year :\ though I can kind of feel that happening already too - well at least we're not as close as we used to be. 

I'd like to say I'm looking forward to uni but I'm honestly not, from what I've heard and from what I've seen it seems like there is so much more content to learn and the lecturers/teachers don't remind you about assessments at all. Everything is your own responsibility. Arghhh. I miss high school life :'). I've kept myself busy the whole day, just to avoid thinking about the huge amount of things I have yet to so before uni starts in a few hours. Yay. I still haven't gotten around to fixing my body clock. I think grade 12 has me used to sleeping at like 1:30am earliest. Well hopefully my life as a university student starts off without a hitch, I really need to get all my crap together. 

Hmm on another note, it was my mum's birthday 3 days ago. I took it on myself to get my mother flowers since my dad isn't into the whole celebrating thing. Quite sad really, he doesn't believe in celebrating anything o-o and he doesn't ever do surprises or gifts. We convinced him to take us all out to dinner though ;) ate at this place called cucina by toscani's near Southbank cinemas. First time I had dinner at a western place!! The food was so expensive though... for alright food. The atmosphere felt too grown up/high class. Hah, guess I'm used to eating at bogan places 8D aka Maccas. 
 Chicken with spinach, potato fondant?? and some other random stuff
 Wagyu steak with wedges and mushroom sauce 
Pizza with potato, rosamary, garlic and mozzarella

Yeahhhh... they all had these super long names so I kind of forgot what was inside lmao. They tasted ordinary though << and it took them forever to bring the food. Oh well. I should sleep now. Goodnight!! 

You May Also Like

0 comments