18th Birthday celebration

by - 11:14 PM


Last night, I celebrated my 18th birthday by holding a smart casual dinner at the BBQ area located at my apartment. I didn't really want the typical sausage-and-bread BBQ so I got everyone to dress up smart casual (the theme was red for girls and black for guys).  I spent my time after chinese school running around like a headless chicken and not having any direction. Thank goodness alan, Jen,Tam, victoria and Pk came early to help out. My friends are amazing. 

 Yay, to begin with, a plate of delectable looking fruit cut by victoria, tam & Pk :D 

They helped me get ready a lot of the food and to carry stuff downstairs. I was actually surprised that almost everyone turned up with clothing according to the theme :D usually it doesn't work out. My brother pledged me his servitude for the day. 

 Didn't really have much time to get ready and put on make up in the end but it was really enjoyable hehe. Tim and albert turned up together, looking like those pimp guys who sit on the couch with hot girls and lots of alcohol. Haha, gotta love Tim's leopard print lined dress shirt. 

 Tables were decked out with table cloth, plastic wine flutes, metal utensil imitations and of course napkins which matched the colour theme :D Well it was my attempt to make it more 'formal'. Had so much help rearranging everything too. 
 Daniel managed to make it to my party and stay for about two hours and a half or so despite his mum saying he wasn't to stay out after dark. Thanks for coming daniel :D 
 I lent sunny one of my red dresses :) Elaine and her spent a bit of time writing out evil dares as punishment for games we were going to play later. 

There was a treasure hunting game for chocolate coins and the winning team won stuff whilst the losing team had to draw dares out of a bag. My team didn't lose and I was busy laughing at the losing team because of the dares they got until I kind of got dragged in because I was supposedly 'birthday girl' :\ should've been richie. It was actually his birthday yesterday. 
 We played more games afterwards, tam literally came up with the most evil dare haha, my cute little minion is learning from the evil mastermind 8D Also, I unknowingly dared one person to go blindfolded and to draw on another person with lipstick ( I had no idea who it was I dared because everyone got assigned numbers). Turns out elaine was the one being drawn on by jen. 

I present to you, the sexy mussed vampire: elaine. 
   
Headed upstairs to my apartment to cut the cake afterwards :D It was so big and everyone's slices of cake was like twice the size of a usual cake slice. There was pudding in the middle and most people said they really liked it so that's good. 
Playing with fireeeeeeee (and champagne) 
Eventually, some people went home. Leaving only Jen, natalie, kwok, tim, elaine & sunny to sleep over at my house. It was really fun though. 
I had my 'birthday shot' and some champagne but didn't feel anything out of the ordinary. Maybe I have a high tolerance for alcohol like my dad. The rest of the night consisted of turning alan and tim into drag queens. They were very willing and cooperative. We then commenced playing more games, witnessing strange sleeping behaviours of a few people and watching rush hour three. All in all, i got about 3 hours of sleep before getting up to have hash browns and eggs for breakfast with everyone. 

Thanks elaine for the studded boots, magnetic nail polish and necklace :D 
 I was also surprised by present which was from Jen, alan, albert, An, richie, my brother, kaido, janice, Pk, sunny, Tam, Vikki and victoria. Thank you guys ♡ 
 Jen made me try guess what it would be whilst covering the box. I opened it to reveal................


A Marc by Marc Jacobs watch :) Rose gold. 
 My first ever proper branded item. Fingers crossed I will never scratch it or I will literally be super devastated. Oh and I also received a tea set from daniel & yee sum :) One step closer to my cat lady dream: live in an apartment with cute cats, drink tea and read books! 

 Sooooooo cute! There were two cups and plates which had 'P' written at the bottom of it. Sunny also gave me this gigantic gorgeous birthday card!!! I can't believe she wrote so much, it must've taken ages :') Thank you also to justin for getting me such a lovely pen. 
Okay I feel like I've turned into some gigantic corny soppy creature pft. But honestly, I'm really grateful to have such helpful, kind and considerate friends :D Thanks for making yesterday wonderful for me. Lastly, wishing happy birthday to the birthday boy yesterday: Richie Ho :) 



Goodnight! 

You May Also Like

0 comments