Currumbin wildlife sanctuary

by - 11:30 PM

Hello readers :) It may look like I'm suddenly such an outdoor person but really its not like that. Today vincent invited me to go to currumbin wildlife sanctuary with a couple of his friends so we embarked on a one hour plus trip there. 

 The entry fee was like $40 for concession and to be honest I don't think it was really worth the price because I saw the exact same thing (if not better in my opinion) at lone pine for much cheaper. Perhaps it was the fact that the sanctuary was so large yet we didn't see much or the fact that it rained halfway but it didn't really match up to my expectations considering the price. Either way though, company was good and I saw an owl that looked like hedwig! 
 We walked around and watched a few shows before deciding to leave at around 4:30pm. On the way to the car however we spontaneously decided to go visit the beach which was right next to the sanctuary and I think it was well worth it. 
 Felt amazing to relax our feet in the water after half a day of trudging around in our sneakers (even if mine were free runs and i spent a large portion of my time trying not to dirty them since they're brand new). 
 We attempted a few jumping shots which some sort of success! 
 Take 1! I have a habit of eating my hair when it comes to any form of physical exertion. I'm surprised I made it off the ground at all considering I EXERCISED YESTERDAY so I was sore the whole day. Are you all amazed? I'm amazed; even if the struggle was real. I felt like I was dying but I pulled through. 
 Take 2! Whoops I accidentally cut off the tips of their fingers. 
 We didn't actually end up swimming at all since it was already late afternoon and we had a long journey back but the weather was really good and there weren't that many people around :3 
Actually to be honest I was under the impression currumbin wildlife sanctuary was more of a bush walk for some reason and turned up in exercise gear. For the first time. Ended up looking like some sort of backpacker / traveller thanks to the kathmandu backpack my parents made my buy for overseas travel last time. I regret not bringing togs, the weather was perfect for swimming. 
I made it through today with two sore legs; I'm not exaggerating, it was so sore i had trouble stepping on the bus this morning!! Tomorrow I'll be doing more exercise fingers crossed. Although I don't feel intense motivation, at least I'm doing it. Fake it till you make it right? HAHA I don't really believe that saying but anyhow. 

Good night to you all :3 

Some things I'm so glad to have, no matter the amount of difficulties I occasionally encounter with it. There seems to an increasing amount of things I never want to let go of. Memories and things I want to make irrevocably mine forever, untouched by circumstances and time. 

You May Also Like

0 comments