Mt Tambourine - Cedar creek falls

by - 8:16 PM

Hello guys! Yesterday I went on my first adventure of 2015 :3 Vincent and I met up around lunch time to buy some food supplies (namely biscuits, guacamole, salami & cheese) before we headed off towards the Tambourine mountains. It was sort of a spontaneous decision since we hadn't fully decided which part of the mountain to go to but we ended up deciding on Cedar creek falls. 
Actually as a child I went through a phase of passionately hating bushwalking/ observing scenery but I think perhaps with age I'm slowly beginning to appreciate it. It was one of the first times not going with only my family. We also bought some nikumaki for lunch (oven baked japanese rice balls with marinated sliced pork etc. ) from Nikumaki Honpo located in warrigal square. 
This is our one and only non-selfie photo together of the trip since a man saw us trying to take selfies with our food shamelessly (and failing) and offered to take the photo for us. It was actually raining slightly when we were about to start snacking but luckily it lightened up when we were just about finished with our food. Typical me didn't even think to bring a picnic mat even though we originally planned to have a picnic. Oh and I went and left my umbrella in the car too, i'm a genius I know. 
The walk was actually very very short, I was expecting something like at least a 15-20 minute bush walk but it was just a pathway that lead all the way down to the rock pools. We didn't bring togs since it wasn't anticipated we'd be allowed to swim in the rock pools but it was okay; we slowly clambered our way down and watched other people swim ;) 
Despite signs indicating clearly 'no climbing', there was a few kids fearlessly climbing the cliff face and jumping off it into the water.  I think I'm much to straight laced to do something like that anymore. If you'd asked me a few years back, I probably would've done it - no doubt with zero consideration of safety. 
It was so hot and we ran out of the barley tea I brought along so we drove up the mountain randomly and found a cafe to buy cold drinks from. We actually had no idea where we were heading but eventually we came across a lookout Vincent accidentally found with his friends last time. 


I pointed at some random mountain and lied to vincent that it was the glasshouse mountains. Then we spotted a map? of sorts with the names of different mountains and what direction they lay in, which brought my troll to an end. 

The view was pretty good ; I actually saw a family whip out their selfie stick for photos and they weren't even asian. I'm not being racist, was just surprised because its not a sight you often see :P 
Had dinner at Mappen because its both cheap and delicious. I went to buy some milk tea but Andy was working and used points he redeemed himself to give me TWO milk teas for free (one for vincent one for myself). I feel so guilty. Vincent and I shall drag him out one day and shout him dinner. 

That's all for today :3 Oh and..... I may or may not kick myself for saying this but I THINK I SHALL START EXERCISING TOMORROW. 

You May Also Like

0 comments