Brew

by - 8:38 PM

Hey guys, sadly my short uni holidays have already come to an end. Well, it ended like four days ago but still. Last saturday I met up with Jen and natalie for some brunch. We decided to eat at Brew which is located in the brisbane CBD, it was my first time there. I remember walking past it heaps of times but kind of kept thinking it was some dodgy place, or as many people say, a 'rape dungeon'. I blame the dark narrow alleyway. 

Anyway, I was surprised to find that the interior was actually very spacey and the food was a very affordable price (compared to other breakfast/ cafe stores which I have been to). The approximate price range was between like $8-14. I ended up ordering poached eggs on ciabatta. I thought it sounded a bit plain so I opted for extra avocado and bacon which was another $7. 

Shared some chips with natalie as well, they came with a truffle oil dip. Sooooooo good. I haven't been very disciplined with my food lately. Who am I kidding, I wasn't even that disciplined to begin with. The total I paid wasn't too bad, around $20, considering I ate so many things. 
Natalie is super extroverted, she started chatting to these backpackers in the cafe, three guys who were from alaska, hong kong and scotland respectively. Didn't really end up doing much after that - I seem to be bored of shopping in the city already. There never seems to be any good stock so I never find anything I want. Natalie did help me pick out a face moisturiser though. My friends tell me sometimes you grow pimples because your skin is too dry - I think that may be happening to me. Mum wasn't helping much, she just told me to use body moisturiser on my face instead - to which my friends looked at me in horror. 

Had work the next day but dad dug me up out of bed early to eat breakfast at The coffee club. We always end up eating there because my parents rarely try new food. 

 
Well now you see there is a difference with make up and no make up. I think I am slowly starting to master the art of using it. Kind of. Have yet to practice giving myself fake eyebrows. 
Light start breakfast - poached egg with tomato wedges, avocado and cheese. I ended up stealing some of my dad's bacon though. 

Apart from that, it was my brother's birthday this monday :3 I was gonna buy him a cake but couldn't find any decent ones. 


I amused myself with editing my brother's skin with a new iphone app I found. HAHAHAHA. I was totally the best sister and brought home maccas for dinner on his birthday. He requested it okay, I'm not abusive. 





He ate so much… a large double quarter pounder meal, cheeseburger & 20 nuggets. I wish I had fast metabolism.

 Yes, and a birthday wouldn't be complete without a cake would it? ;) 



Don't worry, I've still been cooking 'normal food' for dinner. Now that my parents are off in america, there is a tonne of food in the fridge we have yet to finish so I kind of just try incorporate as many ingredients together as possible. 
Wakame (Japanese seaweed), cucumber and carrot salad. 

Chicken, shiitake mushroom and ginger porridge // egg with carrot, kimchi and spring onion. 

Nandos flavoured lightly grilled chicken with cucumber // tomato and egg dish. 

Hopefully I shall clear out the fridge soon, then I can commence food that I want. Totally over uni already, I am constantly in a party-ing/celebrating mood. Haha. Anyway, good night everyone :) I shall go watch a movie or something. 


You May Also Like

0 comments