by - 9:22 PM

It is seriously freezing right now - - the weather is so weird but i like cold/rainy weather so yeah (: i'm kinda weird hahaha. Sold daffodils in school today~ yeah handed in my english draft and that is all. Except in legal we had to some play about three piglet's trial case thing - - i was the prosecutor and failed hahaha but at least i won the case . okay i am talking gibberish again (:

teacher: justine, are you on drugs?
justine: no, you're the one on drugs, you're not even MARRIED yet.
teacher: -stares & awkward silence-
haha anyways, below is my FINALLY finished english assignment about R&J , yeahh lol i hope i get an A ): but i heard mr apergis marks hard, maybe i should've put in more effortttt. bleh.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bright stars dot the evening sky as elegant music drifts up from Hotel Le Grand, which is illuminated by brilliant lights; showcasing the Capulet’s latest perfume and celebrating Julianne’s 18th birthday. Leaning against a bright yellow Porche parked directly opposite the hotel, Mike calmly eyes Rowan who is slouching grumpily beside him.


Mike: Come on Ro, stop moping around, there’s plenty of fish in the sea, why be so hung up about Rosa? Let’s go and check out the showcase party already.

Rowan: It’s Rose, not Rosa. (Indignant look) I just don’t want to be with anyone else. Besides, we weren’t exactly invited, what’s the point in going?

Mike: (Places hand on Rowan’s shoulder) Dude, since we’re already here, why not? Weren’t you the one who agreed to come after you heard Rose was attending too?

Rowan: But Rose won’t even talk to me. (Sighs sadly) Besides, you know we’re not supposed to be here, I bet something bad will happen if we crash the party.

Mike: Look at you, being such a drama queen. That’s it, we’re going in. You need to lighten up; come on let’s go dancing.

Without consent, Mike takes Rowan by the arm and drags him towards the hotel, while Rowan protests weakly behind him. In front of the hotel, guests dressed in formal attire wait patiently in a line, ready to be welcomed into the hotel by Capulet.






Capulet: (Gestures towards the entrance of the hotel) Welcome folks, to the launch of our latest perfume, Pleasure. Coincidently it’s also Julianne’s 18th birthday, which calls for a big celebration, everyone must enjoy themselves. Have a bite to eat; gentlemen, feel free to dance with the ladies while the musicians play. (Waves over a serving man and whispers in his ear and then straightens up) Have a brilliant evening everyone!

(Mike walks casually through the entrance with Rowan stumbling closely behind him)

Mike: Well seeya mate, I’m off to dance with the ladies, go enjoy yourself. (Strides purposefully towards a group of young women clustered together near the middle of the ball room)

Rowan: Wait, what about— (Rowan spots Julianne standing alone by the appetiser table)

Further away, Tyler suddenly interrupts conversation with the CEO as he spots Rowan.

Tyler: (eyes narrow) I know that voice, that little spy! How (emphasis) dare he show up uninvited to our perfume expo?

Capulet: Tyler, you seem aggravated, what’s got you so annoyed?

Tyler: Boss, its Rowan, the son of the CEO of our rival in the perfume industry. He’s here to create trouble. (Pulls off suit jacket angrily) I’ll go teach him a lesson sir, don’t you worry; I’ll make sure he acquires a broken jaw after I’m through with him.

Capulet: Hmm… you say Rowan Montior? Wait a minute there Tyler, leave him alone. Breaking into a fight in the middle of our perfume launch with our rival’s son wouldn’t be all that good for publicity. Besides, he hasn’t caused any trouble so far. Just leave him be.

Tyler: Ignore that Montior dog? I can’t possibly leave the likes of him hanging around like a guest! It’s shameful to let him stay.

Capulet: Tyler, as Capullèl’s main manager, you should know how to act appropriately. You won’t tolerate him? (Voice rises with anger) Your duty is to the company and me. You’ll leave the boy alone; don’t be stupid. The only person who’s shameful is you, Tyler, trying to raise a riot amongst my guests, ridiculous! Now off you go, don’t mess up our important evening.

(Tyler turns on his heels and stalks off, with his hands balled into fists)

Tyler: I can’t believe boss is making me tolerate that Montior boy. Rowan may think that his little game is fun now, but wait till he bumps into me next time. He’ll be sorry, making me step on my pride like that.

(Rowan stares intensely at Julianne as he hurriedly shoulders his way through the crowd towards where she is standing.)
Rowan: (Holds out hand to Julianne) Good evening, gorgeous lady, I must say, your beauty has compelled me to come talk to you. If you don’t mind, would you like to take my unworthy hand so that I may dance with you?
Julianne: (blushes shyly and takes Rowan’s hand) Give yourself some credit, at least you approached me like a gentleman.
Rowan leads Julianne into the middle of the ball room. The two sway gently to the music as they stare deeply into each other’s eyes
Rowan: My hands alone aren’t good enough for such beauty, perhaps I could redeem myself with a tender kiss. Please, grant me permission so that I may prove myself worthy of you.
Julianne: Very well, since I do not want such a charming young man to feel rejected, I will grant you this wish. (Smiles mischievously)
(Rowan leans in and gives Julianne a slow lingering kiss on the lips as they move closer to each other whilst dancing)
Julianne: You kiss like you’ve studied how, maybe you have. Perhaps I can return your gift (She kisses him back)
(Nerelle takes the stage with a microphone.)
Nerelle: Good evening everyone, today we have all gathered to celebrate not only the launch of the new perfume, pleasure; but also Julianne Capulet’s 18th birthday. Please welcome, Capulet’s daughter.
Everyone claps as confetti rains down from the ceiling of the hotel. After giving Rowan a fleeting smile, Julianne releases his hands and melts into the crowd, only to reappear onstage a second later.
Rowan: (Face mask of shock and dismay) That girl that I just danced with, she’s the heir of Capullèl? Great, my reason of existence now rides on my only foe.
(Mike pushes his way through the guests and taps Rowan on the shoulder)
Mike: Hey Ro, let’s go. It’s best to leave when the event is at its peak.
Rowan: (Thinks silently to self) So it is, after the mess I’ve gotten myself into.






You May Also Like

0 comments