Dazzling Cafe

by - 10:35 PM


Hello guys! Hope you all had a good christmas. On Christmas eve, I met up with my aunt for breakfast and she gave me two lollipops as a christmas present as well as a bag of fruit haha :) Then I spent the remainder of the time resting up until I had to meet up with Jennifer for dinner. I had hotpot with her family until around 10:30pm. I took the MRT back to my bus stop only to realise that the last bus of the day had passed one hour ago. Finally I plucked up the courage to take the taxi by myself. I would've felt fine taking it by myself if my mum hadn't updated me with the number of stories about girls getting kidnapped by taxi drivers in Taiwan. 

I arrived near my hostel in one piece though (evidently) but got scammed -_- the machine clearly showed a fee of 85NT but the driver told me to give him 105NT. I didn't argue since I was pretty relieved he didn't take me to some weird place so I just gave him 110NT and sourly told him to keep the change. Well if it goes towards his family then that's okay but if it's for smoking then I hope the wheels of his taxi get punctured sometime in the future. 


On Christmas day I went out with Jen, her sisters Shelly&Lily as well as their friends Rita and Chloe. We went to Zhongxiao fuxing and had lunch at a cafe called Afternoon Tea. It was very very filling. I was actually full after the 'entree' which consisted of yummy soup+bread. 

 Then my pasta and winter apple rose tea arrived. I wanted to try the tea because it sounded really interesting.
For pasta I ordered some chicken and meatballs dish. I didn't really like it that much though. I was pretty stupid haha, I mistook the chicken for eggs -_-. 
 At night we went to Shilin night market and there I got this massive fried pork fillet for about $2 AUD, it was like 25cm long and 15cm wide. Also had some dodgy food at this stall. Then Jen convinced me to try this dessert called 糖葫蘆 :) Basically it's like strawberries/ cherry tomatoes coated lightly with a kind of toffee. I didn't expect it to taste so nice but it was pretty good. The layer of toffee was really thin so it wasn't too sweet :3 Didn't take a picture though. 

I spent the following day shopping with Jen and her sisters again, I ended up buying a cute Totoro plushie omg. I haven't bought a plushie in years yet I bought one yesterday because it was cute and only around $2.60 AUD. Also got some nice stationery & new shoes. Today I met up with Jen & Shelly again haha I've been seeing them for quite a few days now. We went to Ding Tai fung for lunch with a few of shelly's friends (Peter, Ralf, Rosy & Vicky). Then some of them went shopping at Zara for clothes before we headed to the famous Dazzling Cafe for afternoon tea. I swear I eat twice the amount of food I usually eat when I'm with Jen & her sisters hahahaha. But following them around is pretty fun, I get to discover many cool food places. 
 We had to all order drinks because it was the policy and we could only stay for 90 minutes because it was so popular but it was a very eye-opening experience. Oh and sorry mibi, you'll be seeing very yummy pictures of food below, don't worry I made sure to eat your share :D  
 The seven of us shared the two desserts. 

For the past three days or so, the majority of my money has been spent on food. How unusual. Well I haven't had so much food for a while. I wasn't hungry for the past two weeks or so, which resulted in me being too lazy to walk out and buy food. Instead I survived a few meals on the big bag of fruits my aunty gave me haha. Anyways, I think I'll get back to reading Lord of the Rings now. Remaining indifferent to the recent turn of events is proving to be quite difficult. Goodnight little ones! :) 


You May Also Like

0 comments