Just stop

by - 10:48 PM

Argh, attempting to plan my Taiwan trip in accordance to my parents' wishes has left me feeling ridiculously frustrated. They literally change their minds every single day, coming up with new places for me to visit, more accommodation and transport I need to arrange. Then they tell me my current plans are faulty and I've now changed my living arrangements in Taipei for the third time. I'm now staying 4 days at a hostel in a room with 6 strangers from the 16th-19th of December. According to dad, many people will cancel their spots every day so I should be able to live there until the 1st of January. Great. Also, during that timespan I have to find someone to go visit Hualian with me and at least stay for one night. This is ridiculous because contrary to his belief, my friends have plans of their OWN. I can't just drag them out to go with me. 

That not only increases the costs of my trip (which I have to pay half for by the way) but also disrupts the little progress which I have managed to make in my plans. They say they'll owe people lots of 人情 if I live at their houses of if we take up their offer of picking me up from the airport. Apparently I should be on my own and go explore. Greaaaaaaaaaat. At least I get to go Taiwan though, I just feel as if its a bit unfair because I'm paying for half the trip and all yet they're set on making me spend my own money their way, leaving barely any resources for me to pursue my own interests. I wish they would stop viewing this trip as a exploration of Taiwan and me as 20+ year old backpacker who wants to visit historical places and climb mountains. I will go take a shower, I think i'm just a bit annoyed/frustrated at the moment. I want to go watch Sword art online, but then dad will probably start saying that I'm not putting effort into planning my trip. T___________T 

Sorry, I know I complain alot. Maybe I just need to get off my backside and be more independent. I kind of wish it's just my parents being unreasonable and not me just refusing to learn but you know, that's probably not the case. Someone teach me how to have a better temper. Sadly I don't seem to be the type of person to be very patient, open and optimistic. It's so hard to change. More effort more effort more effort. I'm tired. 

I should go shower now, goodnight guys! 

You May Also Like

0 comments