A magical place

by - 3:00 AM



Sorry guys everything is so out of order but yeah. I finally have access to the internet from my own computer. I'm kind of too lazy to blog about everything though. I think I talk too much anyway so might as well leave you guys with photos & captions :) 

28th December 
Went and hung out with Jen & Shelly :) Watched them make appointment for makeup tutorials with Bobbi brown before we went for a nice lunch at this Katsudon place. 
Everything tasted so nice omg. 

29th December 
Woke up super early and dragged my suitcase along with a large cardboard box filled with things + two bags all the way to the MRT station near my youth hostel. It took 20 minutes for me to drag everything there, had to keep stopping in the middle of the path to rest hahaha. A taxi driver even stopped to ask me if I needed to go somewhere LOL but I was too stupid and stubborn to take the taxi. 

After three MRT transfers I finally arrived at my friend's house. I then left to meet up with Julie, my Taiwanese friend. I last saw her five years ago. Wow. 

 I met her at 府中 and we just chilled about. Well more like went around eating everything. 
 So pretty at night. 
 30th December
Dragged Jen & Jonathan out with me to Dansui even though it was rainy and cold. I'm so sorry guys (:" We walked around and went exploring at a few interesting shops ahem. 
Ended up going Ximending and Jen tricked me into eating some things I usually wouldn't have the guts to eat. We kind of ended up having drinks in starbucks because it was so cold. Then we met a few of Jono's friends from Taiwan camp and I intruded upon them for the rest of the night 8) they were such nice people. 

31st December
New years eve :) Went to a cafe with Jen, her sister & friend. I watched them eat cake but didn't have any myself because the friend I was staying with prepared so much breakfast for me that day. 
 We had lunch at a Thai place - one of Jen's favourites then they left and I met up with my dear coco. She bought me a macaron for new years eveeeeee. We had a lovely time being forever alone 8D we literally did though. 
Went to watch this asian movie which coco was very enthusiastic about because it had Jerry Yan in it ;) 
 My wish came true - it was a cold night so I could finally wear my scarf & wooly hat :3 I guess its better than New years spent sweating my face off hahaha. I've always wanted to spend christmas/new years in a place with cold weather. Guess I'll head to America someday for a white christmas ;) 
 We waited for the countdown with Coco's cousin except it never happened ): They usually count down though, how disappointing - 'twas my first time celebrating new years properly in Taiwan too. All good though, because we bought heaps of yummy food. 
 The fireworks were really pretty! Would've been nice with a few more friends but it was a lovely night! Loved the moment when everyone just turned around and wished each other Happy new Year. 
 1st January 
Despite getting home at 1:30am in the morning, I ended up having to wake up at 7:30am the next morning because the friend I was staying with planned to take me to Jiufen (九份). She did me such a big favour, wouldn't have been able to make it without her.
 It was so pretty and very unique. Although it was rainy and cold I really liked it, gave the place a bit more of a magical feeling. 
 Parts of Jiufen was used as inspiration for a few of Studio Ghibli's films!!! 
 I really liked this place. 
 Visited the gold mine museum in 金瓜石
 We headed back to Jiufen afterwards and went to eat this traditional Taiwanese dessert which was famous there. I have no idea how to say it in english so yeah. So yummy though. I think mibi&Fuzz would've liked it. 
 We then walked some more before settling down at this really nice cafe for tea/lunch. It was such a nice place, high up in the mountains with windows next to each table so we could see the view. A few tables were japanese style and had cushions but we settled for a normal table overlooking the trees below.
 It was so amazing, I don't know how to describe but the cold weather really set the mood as well. I really want to take Jen there next time, or someone equally special. Felt like a grown up drinking tea and all muahahahaha. I ordered lavender tea, smelt so nice. 
 We also shared this pork and rice dish which I really really liked. I ate so much that day too. Slept the whole time during the two hour bus ride home. So weird, I've been sleeping so much these days. 
Thank you patricia, for taking me :) I'm at my aunt's house in Kaohsiung at the moment. I love it here so much. Not as crowded as Taipei, feels so warm, welcoming and homely :) I'll blog about 'yesterday' hopefully 'today' or tomorrow. Haha yeah it's 12:51am here at the moment soooooo. Cool. I should go sleep, need to wake up early tomorrow to go pick up Georgina with my Aunt&Uncle. Good night everyone. Hope you're all having a really nice holiday before school starts (for some :P) & University for most of us. 

Oh wow okay I just realised I already blogged about new years :') I'm so retarded. I've rewritten basically the same thing. Oh my, this isn't very good is it? My memory is becoming like that of a severely demented person. Oh well, I shall leave these posts here since ya know, it can be a part of a memory- pft more like a reminder to myself to try and take more notice of what I'm doing.  I said I would caption this post, ended up typing so much again anyway -_-. This is why people sometimes don't listen to me, I talk/write way too many pointless things. Okay literally good night this time! :) 

You May Also Like

0 comments