Greenbean

by - 8:49 PM

Attempting to curl my hair with a straightener at 2am in the morning.

 I've been in charge of cooking dinner, buying groceries and planning everyone's lunches for the week simply because I'm the girl in the family and my mum is still in Taiwan. It's not that I fully hate cooking or anything like that but the sexism of it really gets to me. Like I'm literally left on my own with the list of things which are 'my responsibility to plan'. Ridiculous really since it's almost as if I don't have my own things to do, like I'm just a housewife 24/7. My dad took me to buy groceries and we couldn't get a trolley so I literally had to haul everything by myself, my dad didn't even left a single hand to help out, just walked around picking up things he wanted and giving them to me. Apparently he was training me to respect my parents. 

This is ridiculous. I'm not some hardcore feminist or anything but seriously gender equality would be nice. I stayed up until 1am yesterday after doing my anatomy test to make my dad three sandwiches & some stuff for my brother's lunch while they went to bed. Argh. Would've been alright if my dad asked me if I wanted to instead of just going like: 

'oh yeah, you still haven't made our lunches yet'. 

Oh and being female basically means I can't 'continue the family line' so no hope can be placed in anyone else but the son of the family. Just gets a little annoying sometimes. I guess my opinions are now based on western ideas rather than asian. 

Well at least going grocery shopping means I can try out a few things I've always wanted to but never had the chance to. In this instance I decided to buy some almond milk, apparently its a good substitute for full cream milk. It looked interesting so I decided to give it a try. It does taste much better than milk on it's own of course. Obviously I'm not entirely sure I want to use it for making milk tea though. 

 I was busy the whole morning doing more filming for my assignment in SLQ again. Yes. With the clear glass windows. This time there were about 30 plus people outside holding some conference thing, how awkward. I finally had time for lunch at around 2:45pm only to find that some fire alarm thing was going on and I had to wait for another twenty minutes till it was safe to go back to the food court. I went to grab lunch at green bean and I swear the guy recognised me since I went twice last week. He looks really familiar as well and today he was like: 

'oohh nice shoes' 

I can't quite place whether it was sarcasm or not. Anyway, I seem to have taken a liking to chicken salad these days, not really that into beef and and stuff. 
Came home and made some dinner (lazy style). It doesn't look very appealing does it? There was steak and rice as well because I couldn't be bothered thinking up other dishes.
-how to not cook nice dinner-

You May Also Like

0 comments